- (noun) a close friend or companion. “he went gambling with his cronies”
Crony meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- पक्का दोस्त, घनिष्ठ मित्र, यार
- mid 17th century (originally Cambridge university slang): from Greek khronios ‘long-lasting’ (here used to mean ‘contemporary’), from khronos ‘time’. Compare with chum1.
Crony in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Merge, mismanage, show mega losses, sell cheap to crony …, Step 4: Sell Cheap to Crony Capitalist,” Gandhi said on Twitter … As per the court order, he cannot leave India without the court’s permission.
- Govt’s ‘crony capitalism’ causing economic crisis: Sitaram Yechury … proposed “draconian” amendments in the Indian Forest Act of British era, …
- ‘Loans were given based on crony leaders’ phone calls …, She also said that the Indian public sector banks (PSBs) had the “worst … on phone calls from crony leaders and public sector banks in India till …
- Congress to Organise ‘Padyatras’ to Redeem Gandhism and …, … and workers to redeem ‘Gandhi, Gandhism and Gandhi’s India’. … are aimed mainly at benefiting large crony corporates and economic …
- Centre approves merger of MTNL with BSNL, New Delhi (India), Oct 23 (ANI): The Union Cabinet on Wednesday …. losses and eventually selling the entity to crony-capitalist at cheap rates.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Crony
- related with CROWN.King used to wear crown because he has to spend a lot of time with others.