- (adj) (of laws or their application) excessively harsh and severe. “the Nazis destroyed the independence of the press by a series of draconian laws”
Draconian meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- टस से मस न होने वाला
- late 19th century: from the name of Draco (see Draco2) + -ian.
Draconian in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Resident Doctors On “Indefinite” Strike Against “Draconian” Medical Bill, Resident Doctors On “Indefinite” Strike Against “Draconian” Medical Bill … The bill looks to replace the existing Indian Medical Council Act and …
- Draconian laws by Congress and now BJP used against Muslim and …, All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) MP Asaduddin Owaisi on Wednesday slammed the Congress while accusing the party of using …
- Opposition slams amendment to UAPA, call it draconian, NEW DELHI: Opposition parties on Friday slammed the amendment to the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA) which will empower …
- Bengal Minister Dubs Triple Talaq Bill as ‘Draconian‘, Says it Interferes …, Kolkata: West Bengal minister and president of the Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind’s West Bengal unit, Siddiqullah Chowdhury, on Thursday dubbed the …
- Rajya Sabha Passes ‘Draconian‘ Anti-Terror Bill, The Rajya Sabha on Friday passed the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act which will empower the government to declare individuals as …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Draconian
- As in Draco malfoy in Harry Potter
- any 1 has read the da vinci code….remember that code? o draconian devil oh lame saint???
Draconian Laws: Time National Security Act And 'Sedition' Were Scrapped?