- (verb) secretly listen to a conversation. “my father eavesdropped on my phone calls”
Eavesdrop meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- छिप कर बातें सुनना, प्रच्छन्न श्रवण, ओलती से लग के सुनना, दूसरे की बात छिपकर सुनना, गुप्त वार्ता को सुनना, छिप कर बात सुनना, कान पड़ जाना, छिपकर बातें सुनना
- early 17th century: back-formation from eavesdropper (late Middle English)‘a person who listens from under the eaves’, from the obsolete noun eavesdrop ‘the ground on to which water drips from the eaves’, probably from Old Norse upsardropi, from ups ‘eaves’ + dropi ‘a drop’.
Eavesdrop in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Due to a booming cybercrime scene, India is expected to surpass the … increased 30% in 2018 TechRepublic; Amazon workers eavesdrop on …
- Boney Kapoor’s text message to Khushi Kapoor’s friend is every Indian dad! …… I actually stood right in my tracks and turned around to eavesdrop more, sadly, …
- Now it will flag the stalkerware with a privacy alert about the program’s ability to eavesdrop on your phone calls and collect your chat messages.
- The bug that came into users’ attention 24 hours before the earning call let anyone eavesdrop and hear the other person before they pick up …
- China and Russia eavesdrop on President Donald Trump as he uses his unsecure cellphone to “gossip, gripe or solicit” his friends’ take on …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Eavesdrop
- A vase drop while eaves dropping.