- (verb) try hard to do or achieve something. “he is endeavouring to help the Third World”
- (noun) an attempt to achieve a goal. “an endeavour to reduce serious injury”
- (noun) earnest, prolonged, and industrious effort. “enthusiasm is a vital ingredient in all human endeavour”
- (noun) an enterprise or undertaking. “a portfolio of business endeavours”
Endeavour meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- प्रयत्न करना, यत्न करना, प्रयत्न
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘exert oneself’): from the phrase put oneself in devoir ‘do one’s utmost’ (see devoir).
Endeavour in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- No attempts made to frame Uniform Civil Code in India: SC … state shall endeavour to secure for the citizens a Uniform Civil Code throughout …
- Behind Imran Khan’s Muzaffarabad rally, a Jinnah plot to …, It is directly connected to Pakistan’s decades-old endeavour to capture … in Srinagar and met Jinnah as an agent of the Orient Press of India.
- Endeavour is to facilitate smooth transition and leave team in …, The reappointed Ravi Shastri says his primary endeavour will be … can leave a legacy for the time to come,” the former India all-rounder said.
- Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train fare to be around ₹3000′, As part of the endeavour to save the environment, the NHSRCL has also deployed specially-designed vehicles to transplant large trees …
- Bandaru Dattatreya sworn in as HP governor, Stating that it would be his endeavour to take forward the pace of development in coordination with both the government and the Opposition, …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Endeavour
- En+Devote.. Devote oneself to achieve something.
- endeavour( in depth) thus endeavour efforts means efforts which is done from the depth to accompolish something