- (noun) the principal front of a building, that faces on to a street or open space. “the house has a half-timbered facade”
- (noun) a deceptive outward appearance. “her flawless public facade masked private despair”
Facade meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- अग्रभाग, गृह-मुख, दिखावा, मुख, मुखौटा, मुहरा, मोहरा, सामना, अगवाड़ा, मुहार, गृहमुख
- mid 17th century: from French façade, from face ‘face’, on the pattern of Italian facciata .
Facade in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Skoda Rapid Rider Limited Edition Launched at Rs 6.99 Lakh in India, Skoda Auto India unveiled the limited edition Rapid Rider in India at an … The black facade of the Skoda signature grille is complemented by …
- US Embassy in India celebrates Pride Month by bathing its façade in …, And during the month, if you happened to be India and drove past the US Embassy in New Delhi, you would have seen a mesmerizing sight of …
- Narendra Modi’s “two-caste society” is a facade to hide the BJP’s …, On the evening of 23 May, as it became clear that the Bharatiya Janata Party had secured a massive lead in over 300 seats in the 2019 Lok …
- How facades stand out, Developers and façade contractors need to be careful of their choice of cladding and façades based on a careful evaluation … Fundermax India.
- ISL vs I-League: How badly is AIFF’s facade hurting Indian football?, It is a travesty and makes a mockery of a global sport that is also followed widely in India, but above all, it continues to damage the growth of the clubs and …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Facade
- facade = fake + id
- Arcade related to architecture and building…this might help remembering.