- (noun) an employee who does all kinds of work. “he was employed as the general factotum”
Factotum meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- सब प्रकार का काम करनेवाला नौकर
- सब काम करने वाला नौकर
- विश्वस्त सेवक
- मुख्तार नौकर
- mid 16th century (originally in the phrases dominum (or magister factotum ), translating roughly as ‘master of everything’, and Johannes factotem ‘John do-it-all’ or ‘Jack of all trades’): from medieval Latin, from Latin fac! ‘do!’ (imperative of facere ) + totum ‘the whole thing’ (neuter of totus ).
Factotum in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- In one of the more colorful moments in Cohen’s recent testimony before the House, the former Trump factotum explained how his boss ordered …
- It all came crashing down in mid-August 2016, when the media noticed that Manafort’s Eastern factotum, Konstantin Kilimnik, who played a ..
- For anyone looking to take advantage of the long weekend and head out on a Sunday, local label Factotum is hosting a rock show. The triple …
- Better be careful what you say, FACTOTUM, or you will get deleted like anyone who disapproves of our Mayor, and other elected officials and …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Factotum
- facilitates + total = a person who helps in all the things
What does factotum mean?