- (idiom) a wealthy and powerful person, especially a businessman or politician.
- This expression dates back to the 1920s in the US whereby it was used to refer to people who made large contributions to political candidates.
Fat cat idiom in a sentence ( Fat cat usage in recent news)
- Small Talk: Small-company fat cats paying themselves almost as generously as big counterparts
- Axed Tory Cabinet Minister treated to lunch by City fatcat who bankrolls UKIP
- Institute slammed as a ‘fat cat’
- Vancouver is fast becoming Fat Cat City as luxury purchase opportunities pile up
- How much do those ‘fat cat’ CEOs really make?
Watch Top 5 fat cats In The World! (2014)