- (noun) shrewd or spirited initiative and resourcefulness. “the president would hire almost any young man who had the gumption to ask for a job”
Gumption meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- सहज बुद्धि
- early 18th century (originally Scots): of unknown origin.
Gumption in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Gumption is the best insurance for Sonia Notani, What helped was that Notani had a fair idea about Bank of Baroda and Legal and General’s plans for India beforehand. While at KPMG, she …
- Gumption, resolve and commitment: Here is to Modi 2.0, During holidays in India, I would get to see and experience a …. The gumption, resolve, commitment and dedication that Modi has been able to …
- Indian men’s doubles teams advance at BWF Indonesia Open, HYDERABAD: Indian doubles teams got off to a winning start on the first … Sikki displayed a lot of gumption to beat Robin Tabeling and Selena …
- Mercedes-Benz EQC review, test drive, It’s a simple enough formula, but not many countries have the gumption to see it through. India … And before you ask, no it’s not coming to India.
- Triumphant Indian women’s hockey team returns to Delhi, The Indian women’s hockey team arrived on Tuesday after a … Having won this tournament with full gumption, Rani and her team are hopeful …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Gumption
- gump sounds like jump . to jump on from the top of the building need courage
- forest grump-> to do things easily wdout any skillful knowledge