- (verb) irritate; annoy. “it irks her to think of the runaround she received”
Irk meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- गुस्सा दिलाना
- Middle English (in the sense ‘be annoyed or disgusted’): perhaps from Old Norse yrkja ‘to work’.
Irk in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Potholes, bumps irk commuters on Chennai’s Tiruvottriyur High Road … P Thanigaivel of Old Washermenpet, a State Bank of India employee.
- After facing heat, ICC rectifies their gaffe on Rahul Dravid ‘Hall …, Recently, the International Cricket Council drew the irk of social media when they wrongfully referred to former Indian captain Rahul Dravid as a …
- Wanaparthy: Littered wine bottles at Jurala Project irk Collector, Wanaparthy: District Collector Swetha Mohanthi expressed her displeasure over the way the entire Jurala project areas is being littered with …
- Manholes in middle of Irwin Road irk motorists, MYSURU: It is not just a bumpy ride on Irwin Road, a thoroughfare running in the heart of Mysuru, but a treacherous one – not only is the road …
- Sunday classes irk students in Dharwad, Scientifically it’s proved that children can attend classes five and half days in a week in Indian context. If it exceeds, it becomes stressful and …
How To Say Irk