- (noun) a large tent used for social or commercial functions.
- (noun) a canopy projecting over the entrance to a theatre, hotel, or other building.
- (noun) leading, pre-eminent. “a marquee player”
Marquee meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- शामियाना, एक प्रकार का बड़ा खेमा
- late 17th century: from marquise, taken as plural and assimilated to -ee.
Marquee in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- World Cup 2019: Honour to be part of ‘marquee‘ India-Pakistan match …, India captain Virat Kohli rubbished concerns surrounding the lack of match practice for his team in the lead up to the big-ticket ICC Cricket …
- Budget 2019: Package in the offing to help supply 24×7 power to all, Of India’s installed power generation capacity of 356,817.60 … This comes in the backdrop of Marquee schemes such as the Pradhan Mantri …
- India requires $250 billion in green energy investments during 2023 …, With competitive solar bids and India’s wind energy sector having … carbon dioxide emission primarily from Marquee schemes such as perform, …
- BT Buzz: Blackstone, the last resort for cash-strapped Indian real …, As distress in the Indian real estate sector is clearly visible now, … All of Blackstone’s deals have been struck with Marquee developers.
- India women’s boxing: Competition ahead of marquee competition, BENGALURU: One look at the most of the weight categories in India women’s boxing, generally, someone is deemed favourite, who should …