Melodrama [mel-uh-drah-muh, -dram-uh]
- (noun) a sensational dramatic piece with exaggerated characters and exciting events intended to appeal to the emotions.
Melodrama (मेलड्राम) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- भावों को आगृत करनेवाला नाटक, अतिनाटक
- early 19th century: from French mélodrame, from Greek melos ‘music’ + French drame ‘drama’.
Melodrama in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Brothers review: Subhash Ghai type melodrama meets Mortal Kombat, audience dies of boredom
- ‘Kaun Kitne Paani Mein’ is marred by its plodding pace, heavy melodrama, and a needless vulgar streak.
- Less melodrama and make-up makes her look much superior to her small screen counterparts.
- melodrama is a feature of Indian politics.
- It’s not a love story, but a full-fledged wedding melodrama,” she says.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of melodrama
- Melodrama mein chhupa hai “drama”
Maa Ka Phone – melodrama melodrama