- (adj) to humiliate or shame, as by injury to one’s pride or self-respect;“I’d be mortified if my friends found out I was learning ballroom dancing”
- (adj) to subjugate (the body, passions, etc.) by abstinence, ascetic discipline, or self-inflicted suffering; “return to heaven by mortifying the flesh”
Mortify (मॉर्टफाइ / मॉर्टिफाइ) meaning in Hindi
- शर्मिंदा करना, अपमानित करना,वश में करना,इंद्रियदमन करना,इन्द्रियों को वश में करना,दबाना,बिगाड़ना,नीचा दिखाना,दुःख देना
Mortify in a sentence ( word usage in recent news)
- Want To Mortify Adele? Just Write A Song About Her
- It was a win for Australia to savour, a defeat to mortify England.
- He also accused his estranged wife of deliberately trying to mortify him and his family by selling a story to a UK tabloid in 2010.
- History tells us that those ascetics wanted to mortify themselves to appease their gods by sitting or standing in different postures
- Your parents could mortify you by leaving comments on your friends� updates!
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of mortify
- Mortify can be said as moti fy means calling someone moti(fat) which is embarrasing and ashamed -by samcool20
How to Pronounce mortify
Minister mortified by Chatur’s speech