- (noun) nothing. “apart from that, nix”
- (verb) put an end to; cancel. “he nixed the deal just before it was to be signed”
Nix meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- शून्य, सिफ़र, कुछ नहीं, जर्लनर, मीनपरी
- late 18th century (as a noun): from German, colloquial variant of nichts ‘nothing’.
- mid 19th century: from German; related to the archaic English word nicker, denoting a water demon believed to live in the sea.
- mid 19th century: perhaps from the phrase keep nix ‘to watch, guard’ (see nix1).
Nix in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Business Class On Budget Airline? IndiGo’s New Plan For Long Flights, India’s IndiGo, which currently flies as far as Istanbul, is mapping out an … First Class Becoming Rarer as Korean Airlines Nix Priciest Seats.
- Election Commission of India – Treading on thin Ice, The 2019 Elections also saw the ECI nix release of films. On 10th April, 2019, just five days before banning Shri Yogi Adityanath and Ms.
- Modi won’t retain PM chair, Maya frontrunner: Rajbhar, … two of the 13 seats up for grabs in the final phase and that the same would nix Narendra Modi’s chances of becoming PM for a second term.
- Experts nix NASA claim of India’s ASAT missile test littering space, CHENNAI: Indian defence and space scientists on Tuesday dismissed NASA’s claim that the space debris created by India’s anti-satellite ..
- Wanted Congress defeated: Whistleblower reveals Cambridge …, It was from a small flat in Shipra Sun City, Indirapuram that Cambridge Analytica’s sacked CEO Alexander Nix and his Indian partners operated.