- (noun) take apart (a piece of machinery or equipment) in order to examine it and repair it if necessary. “the steering box was recently overhauled”.
- (verb) analyse and improve (a system). “moves to overhaul the income tax system”
- (noun) overtake (someone), especially in a sporting event. “Jodami overhauled his chief rival”
- (noun) a thorough examination of machinery or a system, with repairs or changes made if necessary. “a major overhaul of environmental policies”
Overhaul meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- पूरी जाँच करके मरम्मत करना, निरीक्षण करना, निरीक्षण, पूरी जांच और मरम्मत, आगे निकल जाना
- early 17th century (originally in nautical use in the sense ‘release rope tackle by slackening’): from over- + haul.
Overhaul in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Could Ecuador’s shrimp output overhaul India in 2019?, QINGDAO, China — Farmers and shrimp buyers feel Ecuadorean shrimp production may overhaul India in 2019, as the Asian country is …
- PM Modi attempts long-awaited overhaul in bureaucracy, Since its conception by then home minister Sardar Patel, the Indian bureaucracy has largely moved from a national to a self-serving agenda in …
- India’s ‘weak’ cyber security needs immediate overhaul, The policy formulated by India in 2013 towards cyber security looks more like a failed model in the current scenario. While India ranked 23 in …
- Overhaul farm credit and subsidy, If you thought farm loan waivers and the harm they do to rural credit culture was what was wrong with India’s system of mandated credit to …
- India mulls port structure overhaul to boost efficiency, India has unveiled a plan to establish a “national port grid” to identify opportunities for operational synergies between major public ports and …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Overhaul
- over+hall…imagine a very old building about to fall and u are taking OVERview of the condition of the HALL with the intention to repair it..
How to Pronounce Overhaul