- (noun) the branch of science concerned with fossil animals and plants.
Paleontology (पेलीअन्टालजी / पैलीअन्टालजी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- जीवाश्म विज्ञान
- mid 19th century: from palaeo- + Greek onta ‘beings’ (neuter plural of ōn, present participle of einai ‘be’) + -logy.
Paleontology in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- It is known for its abundant fossil accumulation and is a subject of awe and envy among paleontologists all over the world.
- He wanted six skinny scientists with a background in archaeology or paleontology.
- Now we see the applications of AI in a variety of fields ranging from the medicine to paleontology.
- Paleontologists from the University of Queensland have recently found dinosaur footprints engraved in rocks near the Kimberly coast.
- A paleontological team in Pakistan claims to have discovered a 1.1-million-year-old elephant tusk.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Paleontology
- paleontology = pale (dull) + eon (age) + to + logy(study)
WHAT IS PALEONTOLOGY?