- (noun) a thin board or slab on which an artist lays and mixes colours.
- the range of colours used by a particular artist or in a particular picture; “Pollock’s hard, bright palette”
- the range or variety of tonal or instrumental colour in a musical piece; “he commands the sort of tonal palette which this music needs”
- (in computer graphics) the range of colours or shapes available to the user.
Palette (पैलट / पैलेट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- रंग मिलाने की मेज, चित्रकार की रंग मिलाने की पटिया
- late 18th century: from French, diminutive of pale ‘shovel’, from Latin pala ‘spade’.
Palette in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Vijayawadites of late have opened their palettes to taste different cuisines and street food has to be credited for this welcoming change.
- The room’s muted colour palette of neutrals, in shades of grey, brown and white, is cohesive and sophisticated.
- Speaking about an ideal palette for cutout dresses, Arora picks pastel shades and some solid colours as its summer contents.
- But it’s the visual palette here that renders this film so particularly fascinating.
- The more you listen, the wider is your palette,” he says.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of palette
- palette = plate (of mix colours)
How filmmakers manipulate our emotions using color