- (noun) a lover, especially the illicit partner of a married person.
Paramour (पैरमुर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अवैध प्रेमी, प्रेमिका, उपपति
- Middle English: from Old French par amour ‘by love’; in English the phrase was written from an early date as one word and came to be treated as a noun.
Paramour in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Woman kidnapped baby to blackmail her paramour.
- A married youth and his paramour entered into a suicide pact and the bodies of the duo was found hanging on a roadside.
- A woman and her paramour were today arrested here in connection with the alleged murder of her husband, police said.
- Man kills paramour in autorickshaw.
- Paramour sets woman ablaze for refusing to have sex.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Paramour
- paramour = ‘paraya’ + ‘mard’ – illicit relationship
Guess the Paramour