(noun) a manner of speaking that is natural to native speakers of a language
Parlance (पार्लन्स) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late 16th century (denoting speech or debate): from Old French, from parler ‘speak’, from Latin parabola ‘comparison’ (in late Latin ‘speech’).e
Parlance in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The Punjab government has instructed all department heads to forbid the use of words ‘Harijan’ and ‘Girijan’ in official parlance.
- What really happened: First of all, you’ll want to call them droids, not robots, in keeping with Star Wars parlance.
- In contemporary financial parlance, a start-up that achieves a valuation of one billion dollars is referred to as a unicorn.
- The symbol is pronounced manji in Japanese parlance, the BBC report added.
- UP is known for several such criminals, or Dons in local parlance.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Parlance
- Parlance = PARticular + LANguage
gangs of wasseypur parlance