- (noun) the state of being important, famous, or noticeable; “she came to prominence as an artist in the 1960s”
- (noun) the fact or state of projecting from something; “radiographs showed enlargement of the right heart with prominence of the pulmonary outflow tract”
- (noun) a thing that projects from something, such as a projecting feature of the landscape or a protuberance on a part of the body; “the steep rocky prominence resembled a snow-capped mountain”
- (astronomy) a stream of incandescent gas projecting above the sun’s chromosphere.
Prominence (प्रोमिनेंस / प्रोमीनेंस / प्रॉमिनेंस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- प्रकटता, प्रख्याति, प्रमुखता, प्रसिद्धि, प्राधान्य, विशिष्टता, शोहरत, ख़्याति, मुख्यता, विशिष्ठता, ख़्याति, आगे निकला हुआ भाग, बहिर्गत भाग, उभार, ऊंचाई, उत्सेध, सौर ज्वाला
- late 16th century (denoting something that juts out): from obsolete French, from Latin prominentia‘jutting out’, from the verb prominere
Prominence in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- As cannabis is rising to prominence, investors are turning their eyes to industry opportunities that have the best long-term potential.
- New food guide set to challenge prominence of meat, dairy industries.
- Former defence minister George Fernandes first shot into national prominence when he defeated Congress stalwart S K Patil.
- Football Returns to National Prominence.
- Blockchain came to prominence in 2009 as the underlying technology of Bitcoin and subsequently the wider cryptocurrency landscape.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of prominence
- prominence — pro ban gaye miya