- (noun) a boxer, especially a professional one.
Pugilist meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- बाक्सर, वह व्यक्ति जिसे लड़ना पसन्द हो, घूंसेबाज़, हुज्जत करनेवाला, मुक्की लड़नेवाला
- mid 18th century: from Latin pugil ‘boxer’ + -ist.
Pugilist in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- A battle between a heavyweight pugilist and a bare-knuckled boxer, At around noon on Saturday, hundreds of Bristolians broke on to the streets of the bustling city centre, carrying “Kill to Dress” banners, as part of their Extinction …
- Mary Kom and Co. aim to pack a punch in India Open, GUWAHATI: All eyes will be on six-time world champion Mary Kom as 72 Indian boxers vie for honours against 200 pugilists from 16 nations in …
- Air of uncertainty in Indian camp, Guwahati: It was semifinal day of the second edition of India Open … for the boxing fraternity,” experienced Indian pugilist Shiva Thapa said.
- Swing thing! Caribbeans hit Calypso notes again, After many years, cricket lovers saw the West Indian bowlers go … can be confused for heavyweight pugilist, to deliver the knock out punch with …
- Actress to screen conflict tale in rural BTAD, … said Rajni, who played M.C. Mary Kom’s mother in the pugilist’s biopic. … it is about insurgents and it is about the soldiers of the Indian army …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Pugilist
- punga(panga) lene wala…..pugilist hi ho sakta hai
- seen the movie “ugly aur pagli” mallika sherawat always hits ranbir… shes boxes him
Indian Pugilist Deepak bhoria won silver medal at asian elite boxing 2019 in Thailand.