- (noun) a traitor who collaborates with an enemy force occupying their country
Quisling (क्विज़्लिंग) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- देशद्रोही, द्रोही, ग़द्दार
- Second World War: from the name of Major Vidkun Quisling (1887–1945), the Norwegian army officer and diplomat who ruled Norway on behalf of the German occupying forces (1940–45).
Quisling in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- We owe that term to Vidkun Quisling, who welcomed the Nazis into Norway in exchange for heading a puppet government.
- Is this Mr Bardow a Quisling and an appeaser?
- Mr Fletcher confirmed yesterday (Wednesday) that he was asked to apologise for using the word “quisling” about local politicians.
- They would have been ruled by Quislings.
- He is at best a Quisling, at worst a traitor to his own people and our religious values.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of quisling
- Remember.. Major Vidkun Quisling (1887–1945), the Norwegian army officer – traitor.