- (verb) express sharp disapproval or criticism of (someone) because of their behaviour or actions “she had rebuked him for drinking too much”
- (noun) an expression of sharp disapproval or criticism “Dhoni sat down, completely silenced by the rebuke”
Rebuke (रिब्यूक) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- फटकार, गाली, निन्दा करना, गाली देना, सुनाना, फटकारना, डांटना
- Middle English (originally in the sense ‘force back, repress’): from Anglo-Norman French and Old Northern French rebuker, from re- ‘back, down’ + bukier ‘to beat’ (originally ‘cut down wood’, from Old French busche ‘log’)
Rebuke in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Reports suggested that Sonu Nigam invited Salman Khan on the stage; the actor gave him a sharp verbal rebuke.
- Two senior Trump administrators resigned their jobs and board positions following the rebuke, leaving the dissidents in charge.
- The White House is criticizing Republicans for failing to rebuke Donald Trump’s comments about immigrants.
- his made it possible for the sufi in Kashmir to rebuke the preacher rather than being the target of abuse as in other places.
- The comments earned the Spaniard a rebuke from team boss Ron Dennis.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of rebuke
- rebuke ~ Reebok. Agar Reebok ke naye shoes kharab ho gaye to you will definitely rebuke.
Salman Khan rebukes reporter for calling him Bhaijaan