- (adj) increasing or reviving after a period of little activity, popularity, or occurrence; “resurgent nationalism”
Resurgent (रिसर्जन्ट / रीसर्जन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- फिर उठ खडा होने वाला
- early 19th century (earlier as a noun): from Latin resurgent- ‘rising again’, from the verb resurgere, from re- ‘again’ + surgere ‘to rise’.
Resurgent in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Sterling hits 7-month low against resurgent euro.
- ICC Champions Trophy 2017: India surrender title to resurgent Pakistan.
- Resurgent Hasan Ali starring for Pakistan at Champions Trophy.
- Resurgent growth is reviving one of the past decade’s hottest trades.
- Prime Minister Modi’s engagements are founded on the belief that a resurgent India is a pre-condition for a resurgent Asia.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of resurgent
- re- ‘again’ + surgere ‘to rise’.