Reverence [rev-er-uh ns, rev-ruh ns]
- (noun) deep respect for someone or something.“rituals showed honour and reverence for the dead”
- (verb) regard or treat with deep respect.“the many divine beings reverenced by Hindu tradition”
Reverence (रेवरन्स) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- इज्जत, पूजा, भक्ति, श्रद्धा, सत्कार, सम्मान, इज़्ज़त, आज्ञापालन, आदर
- Middle English: from Old French, from Latin reverentia, from revereri ‘stand in awe of’
Reverence in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Having a Queen is a distinct business advantage, particularly due to reverence for the monarchy in new and emerging markets like China.
- While ethics and gentlemanly deeds may earn you applauds and reverence, they will certainly not aid the results of the match in your favor.
- Jagra speaks about his mentor Akhil Kumar with great reverence.
- Devaki and Vasudeva understand that this is the divine Lord in the form of the charming child and pray to Him with reverence and adoration.
- “Shiksha” or learning begins when the child approaches the teacher with respect and reverence.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of reverence
- reverence ~ reference, agar kissi nai exam mein reference dikhai toh you will have a lot of respect for them
2011 Melbourne Boxing Day Test – Crowd goes wild when Sachin Tendulkar comes out