- (noun) critical observation or examination. “every aspect of local government was placed under scrutiny”
Scrutiny meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- अनुसंधान, अनुसन्धान, खोज, छानबीन, जांच, तलाश, तहकीकात, परीक्षा, संवीक्षा, समीक्षा, सूक्ष्म परीक्षण, छान-बीन, मतपत्रों की जाँच
- late Middle English: from Latin scrutinium, from scrutari ‘to search’ (originally ‘sort rubbish’, from scruta‘rubbish’). Early use referred to the taking of individual votes in an election procedure.
Scrutiny in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- CAG finds IT scrutiny of film stars ‘subjective & arbitrary’, In scrutiny of 384 cases, the audit found that the assessing officers did not comply with the provisions of the I-T Act with respect to allowances of …
- Good news for young startups as India eases scrutiny on angel …, The Narendra Modi government has partially addressed a long-standing challenge that India’s booming startup industry has been facing for …
- Union Budget 2019: angel tax scrutiny for startups and investors …, The tax was first introduced in 2012 to curb money-laundering through the sale of shares of private unlisted companies at bloated prices.
- Audit firms brace for talent exodus as tight scrutiny, indictment fear …, The government wants to ban Deloitte Haskins and Sells Tohmatsu India and BSR & Co, a KPMG affiliate, for their role in not discovering the …
- Extreme US scrutiny of H-1B aspirants continues, MUMBAI: Data released recently by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), for the first six months of US fiscal 2019 …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Scrutiny
- Imagine “Scrutiny” as “to insert a screw in the wall requires minute concentration”
- [screw+tiny]= if u want to buy a tiny screw, u must examine it first[EXAMINATION]