- (noun) a person who insists on a certain quality or type of behaviour; “he’s a stickler for accuracy”
Stickler (स्टिक्लर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- आग्रही, ज़ोर देने वाला, वादी
- mid 16th century (in the sense ‘umpire’): from obsolete stickle ‘be umpire’, alteration of obsolete stightle ‘to control’, frequentative of Old English stiht(i)an ‘set in order’.
Stickler in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Not just inflation, new RBI guv is a stickler for fiscal responsibility too.
- VP Singh Badnore: Stickler for attendance and green activist.
- But surely if you’re going to be such a stickler for tradition only a virgin bride would wear white.
- He was a stickler when it came to any type of paper work or reports.
- Gopani is a stickler for quality and scalability of the business model.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of stickler
- stickler – sticks on something…