Obstinate Word Usage in recent News:
Obdurate Word Usage in recent News:
- The Russians have been as obdurate as the Americans predicted
- China continues to tutor North Korea, but North Korea is an obdurate and unwilling learner
Tenacious Word usage in recent News:
Refractory Word usage in recent News: (often used with medical treatments and disease)
- A refractory disease is a disease that resists treatment.
- Iran reduces price of medicine for refractory diseases
- She proved immune to the treatment, and is classed as having refractory – or resistant – disease, and was taken off the clinical trial.
Mulish Word usage in recent News: (Low frequency word – not used much these days)
Pertinacious Word usage in recent News:
- Under his tutelage, the team went from mere underpinnings of the Finnish league, to the league’s most pertinacious opponents
- pertinacious politicians
Perverse Word usage in recent News: (High Frequency Word – used a lot of times in headlines)
- Should fund managers stop making ‘perverse’ predictions?
- Obama’s Perverse Priorities
- No leniency for perverse gang-rapists: Court
Intractable Word usage in recent News: (High Frequency Word)