- (verb) (in psychoanalytic theory) divert or modify (an instinctual impulse) into a culturally higher or socially more acceptable activity; “people who sublimate sexuality into activities which help to build up and preserve civilization”
- (verb) transform (something) into a purer or idealized form; “attractive rhythms are sublimated into a much larger context”
- (noun) the product of vaporization of a solid.
Sublimate meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- परिशोधन करना
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘raise to a higher status’): from Latin sublimat- ‘raised up’, from the verb sublimare .
Sublimate in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu Newspaper)
- They’re taught to sublimate self and think about the team instead of themselves.
- Sublimate the ego.
- That is, they sublimate their sexual energies toward another purpose than sexual intercourse and procreation.
- The heat seeped into the interior through the cracks, causing the ice to sublimate and widen the fractures.
- Sport can sublimate many emotions.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of sublimate
- lime juice refines us…