- (adj) (of a stimulus or mental process) below the threshold of sensation or consciousness; perceived by or affecting someone’s mind without their being aware of it; “the screen flashed subliminal messages”
Subliminal (सब्लिमनल / सब्लिमिनल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अचेतन, अवचेतन
- late 19th century: from sub- ‘below’ + Latin limen, limin- ‘threshold’ + -al.
Subliminal in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper editorial)
- Subliminal ads fast-tracked for maglev trains in Japan.
- Subliminal content tricks Google’s AI tool for classifying video.
- Airbnb ring campaign is subliminal bullying.
- A deep subliminal sense of anger, hurt and alienation afflicts the Valley’s people, and particularly the unemployed youth.
- There was another subliminal message – if the nation could be partitioned, so could Jammu and Kashmir.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of subliminal
- “Subliminal Ads” se yaad rakho