- (verb) (with reference to a horse or other quadruped) proceed or cause to proceed at a pace faster than a walk, lifting each diagonal pair of legs alternately. “the horses trotted slowly through the night”
- (verb) of a person) run at a moderate pace with short steps. “the child trotted across to her obediently”
- (verb) go or walk briskly. “I may trot round to Portobello market for vegetables”
- (noun) a Trotskyist or supporter of extreme left-wing views. “a band of subversive Trots”
- (noun) a trotting pace. “our horses slowed to a trot”
- (noun) an act or period of trotting.
- (noun) a period of luck of a specified kind. “Simpson believes his bad trot is about to end”
Trot meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- छोटे कदम रखकर दौडना, दुलकी चलाना, दुलकन, तेज चाल, चलना, ट्रट्स्कीवादी, दुलकी चाल से चलना, दौड़, धीरे धीरे दौड़ना, दुलकी चाल
- Middle English: from Old French trot (noun), troter (verb), from medieval Latin trottare, of Germanic origin.
- 1960s: abbreviation.
Trot in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- India must resume oil purchases from Iran, By its decision to trot along behind Washington in this matter, India is on the way to losing the Chabahar port to China, which has continued to …
- MP Sanjay Jaiswal appointed Bihar BJP chief, Satish Poonia …, Jaiswal, who has been winning from Paschim Champaran constituency on the trot since 2009, is seen as an ideological moderate who enjoys …
- ‘Ball ko dekh toot gaya hoga,’ Sanju Samson reveals what …, Shikhar Dhawan scored his second half-century on the trot against India A. The left-handed batsman scored a 36-ball 51 including five fours …
- Mike Hesson almost beat Ravi Shastri to India coach job’, Speaking to IANS, a senior Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) … the Kiwis playing their second final on the trot in 2019 also had a lot to …
- India A vs South Africa A 5th ODI Highlights: Sanju Samson …, India A vs South Africa A, Ind A vs SA A 5th ODI Highlights: India A … Shikhar Dhawan scored his second half-century on the trot despite a …