- (adj) possessing or showing courage or determination; “she made a valiant effort to hold her anger in check”
Valiant (वैल्यन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- दिलेर, पराक्रमी, बहादुर, विक्रांत, वीर, शूर, शूरवीर, साहसी, बहादुराना, वीरतापूर्ण
- Middle English (also in the sense ‘robust, well-built’): from Old French vailant, based on Latin valere ‘be strong’.
Valiant in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- His valiant knock comprised 12 fours and three sixes.
- A valiant fight put up by two groups of soldiers helped avoid a major hostage crisis as the three terrorists stormed into an Army installation.
- Playing in his 14th Test, the right-handed batsman scored a valiant 103 against the dominant visitors to help draw the fourth Test in Nagpur.
- Bitburger Open: Despite valiant effort, Sourabh Verma loses in final.
- No stone would be left unturned to help these valiant sons of the soil, he added.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of valiant
- Valiant –> great effort by ‘ant’ in the ‘valley’