- (noun) the qualities of a hero or heroine; exceptional or heroic courage when facing danger (especially in battle); “the medals are awarded for acts of valour”
Valour (वैलर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- वीरता, दिलेरी, निर्भयता, पराक्रम, बहादुरी, शूरता, साहस
- Middle English (denoting worth derived from personal qualities or rank): via Old French from late Latin valor, from valere ‘be strong’.
Valour in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that the dam has not been built by bricks and mortar, “but by faith of our friendship and valour of Afghans”.
- PM Modi salutes the valour of soldiers at Arlington Cemetery.
- Chittorgarh: A saga of valour and courage.
- Son of local mom earns Medal of Valour.
- He indeed set an unforgettable and remarkable precedent of valour that still inspires and is a beacon for the institution of army.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of valour
- medal of valour (veerta)