- (verb) (of an animal) wound (a person or animal) by scratching and tearing; he had been mauled by a lion
- (verb) treat (something) savagely or roughly;the body was badly mauled in battle
- (verb) handle (someone) roughly, especially for sexual gratification;she hated being mauled by macho chauvinist pigs
- (verb) defeat heavily in a game or match;the team were mauled 4-0 by Manchester City
- (verb) subject to fierce criticism;he faces a mauling at next week’s conference
- (noun) (in rugby union) a loose scrum formed around a player with the ball off the ground
- (noun) a heavy hammer, as for driving stakes or wedge
Maul (माल / मॉल) meaning in Hindi
- (noun) मोगरा,खुल्लमखुल्ला आलोचना करना,आसानी से पराजित कर देना,बुरी नीयत से छूना
- (verb) क्षतविक्षत करना, खुल्लमखुल्ला आलोचना करना, आसानी से पराजित कर देना, बुरी नीयत से छूना, मुंगराना
Maul word usage in recent news (Maul in a sentence)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of word Maul
- in a MALL if somebody becomes a nuisance he’ll be *handled roughly* by the security present there.
How to say or pronounce maul
Watch: Minutes before being mauled at Delhi zoo, man seen pleading to white tiger
- (noun) a feeling of anger caused by being offended
Umbrage (अम्ब्रिज) meaning in Hindi
- कोप (m), छांह, छाया (f), रोष (m)
Umbrage in a sentence ( Umbrage word usage in recent news)
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of word Umbrage
- notice the last 4 letters…RAGE.And then umbrella =shade, rage=anger and resentment.
How to pronounce or say Umbrage
Deepika Padukone Cleavage – Times Of India Controversy
- (idiom) a wealthy and powerful person, especially a businessman or politician.
- This expression dates back to the 1920s in the US whereby it was used to refer to people who made large contributions to political candidates.
Fat cat idiom in a sentence ( Fat cat usage in recent news)
Watch Top 5 fat cats In The World! (2014)
Lugubrious [loo–goo-bree-uh s, –gyoo-]
- (adj) excessively mournful
Lugubrious (लुगूब्रीअस / लूग्यूब्रीअस) meaning in Hindi
Lugubrious word usage in recent news (Lugubrious in a sentence)
- That kind of lugubrious tone.
- He sings in such a lugubrious tone as to suggest simultaneously a low rumbling in the caves and a pronouncement from a deity.
- He’s too Welsh and lugubrious.
- Some are “poetic”, some lugubrious, some scathingly self-mocking.
- The old lady blows out her cheeks and assumes a lugubrious expression.
- Two schools of thought that emerged: One, that I just might be tragically right – but who needed such lugubrious news?
- The mood is lugubrious.
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of Lugubrious
- He was very mournful when he had to BURY his maimed LEG.
How to say or pronounce Lugubrious
Time to watch Shahrukh Khan’s lugubrious song from the movie ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’
- (noun) a weakness or vulnerable point.
Story behind Achilles’heel
The term “Achilles’ heel” means a person’s vulnerable spot or area. It is derived from the Greek myth of Achilles and his mother Thetis. According to legend, when Achilles was born, his mother, in an effort to make him immortal, took Achilles to the Styx river and dipped him. She held him by one heel. The area where her fingers held him remained dry. As the heel was not touched by the waters of the Styx, it was the one vulnerable place on Achilles. Achilles became the hero of many battles during the Trojan War. Paris, Prince of the Trojans, shot an arrow in the heel of Achilles. Because the heel was the one spot untouched by immortality, Achilles died.
Achilles’ heel word usage in recent news (Achilles’ heel in a sentence)
- Apple Watch Battery Life May Be Its Achilles Heel
- India target England’s achilles heel by switching to an all-spin attack
- Defence is Man United’s Achilles heel
- If Narendra Modi’s government has an Achilles’ Heel, it is his weak bench strength in terms of potential ministers
- The Achilles heel for privacy and consumer protection are apps connected to marketing, where the information can be gathered and used.
- Verbal skills is the Achilles heel for a majority of CAT takers.
How to pronounce Achilles
Spiderman’s Achilles heel