hauteur Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) haughty manner or spirit; arrogance; “she swept into the room with formidable hauteur”
Hauteur (होटर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अभिमान, अहंकार, घमंड, दर्प, ग़रूर
- French, from haut ‘high’.
Hauteur in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Spoken about but never seen in the subcontinent and a ruler from afar, she seemed to epitomise the hauteur of colonial rule.
- Narendra watches the Master with a combination of social unease, teenage hauteur and exhaustion.
- With imperious hauteur, she tells Alice, “I daresay you haven’t had much practice”.
- She has the hauteur and the glacial beauty to suggest a spectral figure who exists only as Noor’s dream object.
- With a pompous flourish of royal hauteur, he brushed aside da Gama’s lofty ambassadorial claims.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of hauteur
- hauteur = hot = high; hot ladki ka hauteur toh dekho!
invincible Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) too powerful to be defeated or overcome; “an invincible warrior”
invincible meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English (earlier than vincible ): via Old French from Latin invincibilis, from in- ‘not’ + vincibilis
invincible in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Rio takeaways: Big concerns for once-invincible Novak Djokovic.
- Suicide Squad: Why the Superhero Movie is Invincible.
- One of the stories of Rio Olympics 2016 has been the near-invincible Michael Phelps.
- Simply with Sarfraz Ahmed and three tailenders, Younus added 202 to that overnight lead and made it invincible.
- In short, we feel invincible – flying so high, with our heads in the sky!
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of invincible
- vin = win, jisko jeeta na ja sakke
Progeny Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) a descendant or the descendants of a person, animal, or plant; offspring; “the progeny of the Scottish settlers who settled there in the mid-1800s”
Progeny (प्राजनी / प्राजिनी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- Middle English: from Old French progenie, from Latin progenies, from progignere ‘beget’
Progeny in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Madhya Pradesh assisting other states in improving bovine progeny.
- In 2015-16, the state distributed Rs 219 crore for cows and their male progeny in 29 famine-affected districts.
- Karnataka’s CMs, however, have a long tradition of not getting their progeny into politics till they themselves are active.
- Though Kerala had always turned its back against progeny politics,the state had accepted a few.
- You cannot rig the system. Sure, you can give a chance to your progeny, but at the end of the day, it’s the public who decides.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of progeny
- progeny mein chuppa hai ‘genes’
Profound Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) (of a state, quality, or emotion) very great or intense; “profound feelings of disquiet”
- (adj) (of a person or statement) having or showing great knowledge or insight; “a profound philosopher”
- (adj) (of a disease or disability) very severe; “a case of profound liver failure”
- (adj) (of a subject or idea) demanding deep study or thought; “expressing profound truths in simple language”
- (noun) the deepest part of something, especially the ocean; “nor billowy surge disturbs the vast profound”
Profound meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गहरा, गम्भीर, गहन, अत्यंत, महासागर
- Middle English: from Old French profund, from Latin profundus ‘deep’, from Latin pro ‘before’ + fundus ‘bottom’. The word was used earliest in the sense ‘showing deep insight’.
Profound in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Shobhaa De frivolous statement only reflects her profound ignorance of how athletes perform or what motivates them towards excellence.
- The students were in a state of complete shock and profound grief.
- This will have a profound impact on food security and bring us closer to our national goal of doubling farmer incomes by 2020.
- Little and profound emotions have been woven in and the film is sure to give you a lump in the throat.
- India’s energy sector is seeing profound transformations since the past two years.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of profound
- profound = prof. found a deep (profound) secret
indigent Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) poor; needy; “the first state pensions were given to indigent people over seventy”
- (noun) a needy person.
indigent (इन्डिजन्ट / इन्डिजेन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गरीब, दरिद्र, दीन, निर्धन, बेचारा, मुहताज
- late Middle English: via Old French from late Latin indigent- ‘lacking’, from the verb indigere, from indi- (strengthened form of in- ‘into’) + egere ‘to need’.
indigent in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Bill moots protection for indigent widows.
- Socare, an organisation that looks after indigent children of convicts, roped the team for a camp.
- St Elizabeth hospital and Lotus Eye Hospital – failing to reserve 20% of beds for the indigent and economically weaker sections of society.
- Indigent sections of society would not find themselves welcome in its halls anymore.
- The urge to help friends and neighbours in their distress, to have pity for the poor and the indigent, is just not there.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of indigent
- indigent = indian + gent, most of them are poor and needy 🙂