- (noun) a chain or manacle used to restrain a prisoner, typically placed around the ankles.
- (noun) a restraint or check on someone’s freedom to act.
- (verb) restrain with chains or manacles, typically around the ankles.
- (verb) confine or restrict (someone)
Fetter (फेटर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- Old English feter, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch veter ‘a lace’, from an Indo-European root shared by foot.
Fetter in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- Old policies have become a fetter on growth and a change is sorely needed.
- The indifference of some permanent members of the Council to even fetter such terrorists under the Council’s own sanctions regimes.
- Just as the caste system in Hinduism is a fetter, do you feel that the labyrinthine regulations of the Catholic Church too are a fetter?
- The law has been challenged as an unconstitutional fetter on free speech, and one that is satisfied through the civil defamation provision.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of fetter
Pairon Mein Bandhan(fetter) Hai with Lyrics *HQ* 1080p – Mohabbatein
Pedagogy [ped–uh-goh-jee, -goj-ee]
- (noun) the method and practice of teaching, especially as an academic subject or theoretical concept
Pedagogy (पेडगाजी / पेडगोजी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अध्यापन-कला, प्रशिक्षण, शिक्षण, शिक्षा, संशिक्षा, अध्यापन
- late 16th century: from French pédagogie, from Greek paidagōgia ‘office of a pedagogue’, from paidagōgos (see pedagogue)
Pedagogy in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of pedagogy
- Pedagogy = ‘peda’ + ‘logy’ = study of peda. Headmaster – sahi answer pei peda milega. Ramu -“wah Sir! kya pedagogy hai”
What is Pedagogy?
Fetid [fet-id, fee-tid]
- (adj) smelling extremely unpleasant
Fetid (फेटड / फेटिड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- बदबूदार, दुर्गंधयुक्त, दुर्गन्धयुक्त
- late Middle English: from Latin fetidus (often erroneously spelled foetidus ), from fetere ‘to stink’. Compare with fetor.
Fetid in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of fetid
- Feet-ID = es bande ke Feet smell kar rahe hai.. pls note his ID
How Fetid Your Fart Is?
Dipsomaniac [dip-suh-mey-nee-ak, -soh-]
- (noun) a person who drinks alcohol to excess habitually
Dipsomaniac (डिप्समेनीऐक) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मद्यप, पियक्कड़, शराब का लती
- 1855-60; dipsomani(a) + -ac
Dipsomaniac in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- By the time his two-year term as Collector was over, he was on the road to becoming a dipsomaniac.
- One of his sons, Ali was a lonesome dipsomaniac.
- Alcoholism – also known as dipsomania – was starting to have a serious impact on communities.
- The whole place is unutterably charming, driving enchanted tourists to dipsomania in a rooftop bar.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of dipsomaniac
- Dip Dip Dip… after so many dips in alcohol .. uske baad ‘so’ gaya – “Dip” + “so” maniac
Queen | Hungama | Full Song | Kangana Ranaut – Dipsomaniac
Minion [min-yuh n]
- (noun) a follower or underling of a powerful person, especially a servile or unimportant one.“Inspector Singham and his minion Hawaldaar”
Minion (मिन्यन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- चापलूस, नौकर, प्रेमपात्र, यार
- late 15th century: from French mignon, mignonne .
Minion in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- I went ahead, the minion that I was, thinking this is what this life had in store for me.
- Hannibal is both a great friend and a minion of Satan.
- As it turned out, the photo session and interview were fixed at my home, and a minion was assigned the job of tracking Govinda who was shooting in the suburbs.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of minion
- minion ~ mini + union , always servile to union leader
Minions Banana Song Full Song