- (noun) review of a past course of events or period of time; “a full retrospect of the battle”
Retrospect (ट्रस्पेक्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- early 17th century: from retro- ‘back’, on the pattern of the noun prospect.
Retrospect in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- If the dream was to become reality, this was the time to do something about it,” he writes in retrospect.
- In retrospect, Kriti Sanon believes that she does not belong to Bollywood.
- As I was saying, it is too late to think in retrospect when, and if, no serious thought was given when the regime was in the Bill stage.
- In retrospect, it would have been ideal if Ravi Shastri had continued as coach and not been replaced a year ago by Kumble.
- Hitesh considers this good thing, in retrospect, as it offered him a chance to explain something to new to others.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Retrospect
- (verb) get or bring (something) back from somewhere; “I was sent to retrieve the balls from his garden”
- (verb) (of a dog) find and bring back (game that has been shot); “labradors are used to retrieve the birds after the flush”
- (verb) reel or bring in a fishing line; “when he reaches the breakers, with you retrieving furiously, he’ll probably change course”
- (verb) find or extract (information stored in a computer); “other features include the ability to store, update, retrieve, and print your data”
- (verb) recall (something); “the police hope to encourage him to retrieve forgotten memories”
- (verb) put right or improve (an unwelcome situation); “he made one last desperate attempt to retrieve the situation”
- (noun) an act of retrieving something, especially game that has been shot; “watch the dog make the long retrieves”
- (noun) the possibility of recovery; “he ruined himself beyond retrieve”
Retrieve (रिट्रीव / रीट्रीव) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- वापस पा लेना, बचाना, सुधारना, पता लगाना, लौटा देना
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘find lost game’): from Old French retroeve-, stressed stem of retrover ‘find again’.
Retrieve in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper editorial)
- Update: Woman injured in April accident to retrieve dog has died.
- Everest rescuers retrieve bodies of two Indian climbers.
- Mount Everest rescue team attempts to retrieve body of climber.
- Man who drowned trying to retrieve purse in Lady Bird Lake identified.
- Search suspended for man who jumped off boat to retrieve hat.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of retrieve
- Labrador Retriever Yaad rakho…. ball feko leke (retrieve) aayega
- (noun) the reduction of costs or spending in response to economic difficulty; “this period of retrenchment will see companies shed staff”.
- (noun) the action of making an employee redundant; “he ordered the retrenchment of 420 civil servants”
- (formal) reduction in the extent or quantity of something; “the retrenchment of the welfare state”
Retrenchment (रीट्रेन्च्मन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- late 16th century (in the now formal usage): from obsolete French retrencher, variant of retrancher, from re- (expressing reversal) + trancher ‘to cut, slice’.
Retrenchment in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper editorial)
- General Motors has confirmed that out of a total workforce of 1500 people‚ close to 600 workers are to be retrenched by July 2017.
- General Motors issues retrenchment notices.
- Karenju Muguini was retrenched at 60. He hadn’t seen it coming. He wishes he had had more time to work.
- Meanwhile, employers are being asked to explore all their options before deciding to go the way of retrenchment.
- Minister of Labour says: Retrenchment Act revision coming soon
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of retrenchment
- (verb) say something in answer to a remark, typically in a sharp, angry, or witty manner; “‘No need to be rude,’ retorted Isabel”
- (noun) a sharp, angry, or witty reply; “she opened her mouth to make a suitably cutting retort”
- (noun) a container or furnace for carrying out a chemical process on a large or industrial scale; “a laboratory full of bubbling retorts and crackling electrical equipment”
Retort meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Meaning)
- मुंहतोड़ जवाब, कड़ा उत्तर देना
- late 15th century (in the sense ‘hurl back an accusation or insult’): from Latin retort- ‘twisted back, cast back’, from the verb retorquere, from re- ‘in return’ + torquere ‘to twist’.
Retort in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu editorial newspaper)
- Nani’s Retort to a crazy fan is going viral.
- Asked an emotional Mamata Banerjee in her retort to a BJP leader’s comments in which he called the West Bengal chief minister a ‘hijra’.
- People of Kashmir retort, is the Supreme Court oblivious of the fact that Kashmir was peaceful from October 2016 to April 2017!
- Some males bring nesting material, while others weave thin threads into retort-shaped structures.
- In retort, Sooraj said he was a member of the mess and had every right to be there, and allegedly added that he would eat beef inside the mess.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of retort
- resort mein retort mat karna… bhaga denge
- (noun) a group of advisers, assistants, or others accompanying an important person; “the rock star’s retinue of security guards and personal cooks”
Retinue (रेटनू) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- late Middle English: from Old French retenue, feminine past participle (used as a noun) of retenir ‘keep back, retain’.
Retinue in a sentence (word usage in Hindu editorial newspaper)
- Acknowledging the presence of the war veterans Mr. Siddaramaiah and his retinue of Ministers, MLAs and councillors had insulted them.
- Ironically on Monday, chief minister Siddaramaiah along with a huge retinue watched the Telugu film ‘Baahubali 2’ in a multiplex in Bengaluru.
- But what’s truly worrying is that a retinue of prominent characters playing a significant role in India’s public life.
- This is a welcome one-up advantage that the Indian foreign services retinue will do well to capitalise on.
- When celebrity writer Guy de Maupassant and a Russian empress joined the retinue of visitors to Cannes, the place gained a reputation.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of retinue
- tum sab meri RETINA (of the eye ) ke aagey rehne chahiye 24*7 – u r my attnedants