- (verb) clear the bed of (a harbour, river, or other area of water) by scooping out mud, weeds, and rubbish with a dredge. “the lower stretch of the river had been dredged”
- (verb) bring up or clear (something) from a river, harbour, or other area of water with a dredge. “mud was dredged out of the harbour”
- (verb) bring something unwelcome and forgotten or obscure to people’s attention. “I don’t understand why you had to dredge up this story”
- (noun) an apparatus for bringing up objects or mud from a river or seabed by scooping or dragging.
Dredge meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- सीपियों का जाल, तलकर्षण करना, बुरकना, जाल से पकड़ना, तलकर्षण करना, छिड़क देना, छिड़कना, डालना, झाम
- late 15th century (as a noun; originally in dredge-boat ): perhaps related to Middle Dutch dregghe‘grappling hook’.
- late 16th century: from obsolete dredge ‘sweetmeat, mixture of spices’, from Old French dragie, perhaps via Latin from Greek tragēmata ‘spices’. Compare with dragée.
Dredge in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Global Dredging Market Latest Trend Gaining Momentum in Industry …
- Four Port Trusts Buy Dredging Corporation of India
- Cabinet Clears Strategic Sale Of Government Equity In Dredging …
- Plan to dredge out Ganga bed silt deposits
- Pre-dredging survey at Chapora river mouth to deepen navigational …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Dredge
- Dredge: dragging dead from the ground!
- (verb) wet thoroughly, soak. “I fell in the stream and was drenched”
- (verb) forcibly administer a drug in liquid form orally to (an animal). “three-times-a-year drenching for calves”
- (noun) a dose of medicine administered to an animal. “a worming drench”
Drench meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- भीगना, गीला करना, सराबोर कर देना, दवा पिलाना, सराबोर करना, भिगाना, डुबाना, भिगोना, बौछाड़, मूसलधार बारिश
- Old English drencan ‘force to drink’, drenc ‘a drink or draught’, of Germanic origin; related to German tränken (verb), Trank (noun), also to drink..
Drench in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Snowfall on high reaches of HP, fresh rain shower drench in many …
- From Hampi to Puri: Drench in the spirit of Holi at these destinations …
- Stolen AK-47s drench Bihar in blood
- Tropical downpours to renew flood threat in southern India, Sri Lanka …
- Night long rains drench Bengaluru; Apartments near Hulimavu lake …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Drench
- souse water on his hot face
- (noun) a person who follows the latest trends and fashions, especially those regarded as being outside the cultural mainstream.
- (adje) (of a garment) cut to fit and fasten at the hips rather than the waist.
Hipster meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- 1930s (in sense ‘female jazz dancer’, then ‘fashionable person in the jazz world’): from hip3 + -ster.
Hipster in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- From hipster festivals to chic cafes, how Jaipur became India’s ‘it’ city
- Cool Colaba: from historical hub to hipster hang-out, Mumbai’s old …
- What makes East London the new Hipster Central
- Hipster job searches are on the rise
- FB Mondial’s HPS 300 motorcycle is a hipster-looking cruiser for …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Hipster
- remember marauder’s map? which harry used when out for searching anything in hogwarts?
- (verb) go on board a ship or aircraft.“he embarked for India in 1817”
- (verb) put or take on board a ship or aircraft..“the passengers were ready to be embarked”
- (verb) begin (a course of action). “she embarked on a new career”
Embark meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- लगना, लगाना, सम्मिलित होना, प्रारम्भ करना, किसी काम में लगना, आरंभ करना, जहाज़ पर चढ़ना, जाने का साहस करना, जहाज़ पर चढ़ाना, पोतारोहण करना
- mid 16th century: from French embarquer, from em- ‘in’ + barque ‘bark, ship’.
Embark in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Army Chief to embark on four-day US visit on April 2
- Mamata to embark on electioneering from April 4
- Make-up legend Bobbi Brown to embark on maiden India tour in April
- PM to embark on a day-long election campaign in UP, Uttarakhand …
- India-SriLanka embark on Exercise MITRA SHAKTI
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Embark
- EMBARK sounds like I AM BACK on track. Means set on right direction.
- em+bark(sound of dog “barking”) – in search of his dog he begins his journey
- (noun) the traditional beliefs, customs, and stories of a community, passed through the generations by word of mouth.
- (verb) a body of popular myths or beliefs relating to a particular place, activity, or group of people.“Hollywood folklore”
Folklore meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- कहावत, लोकसाहित्य, घरेलू कथा कहानी, पौराणिक बाते, लोक-साहित्य, जनकथा-विज्ञान
- mid 19th century: from folk + lore1.
Folklore in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Man behind Kerala’s private folklore museum laid to rest
- Kartik Purnima 2018: Folklore and significance of the festival
- Himachal Pradesh’s Folklore Music Festival Features Rock, Metal and …
- 11 Scary Ghosts From Indian Folklore That Are The Stuff Nightmares …
- From Arabic folklore to an Indian prison