Palliate Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) make (a disease or its symptoms) less severe without removing the cause; “treatment works by palliating symptoms”
- (verb) lessen or to try to lessen the seriousness or extent of (an offence); “if only there were some way to palliate his dirty deed”
- allay or moderate (fears or suspicions).
Palliate (पैलीएट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- रोग शमन करना, चुप्पी साधना, अल्पीकरण, घटाना, न्यूनीकरण, लघूकरण, कम करना, हलका करना
- late Middle English: from late Latin palliat- ‘cloaked’, from the verb palliare, from pallium ‘cloak’.
Palliate in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The main concern for these patients are the symptoms that they’re having and our need to really palliate these things as soon as we can.
- Doctors are trained first to diagnose, treat and fix — and second, to comfort, palliate and soothe.
- To ‘palliate‘ is to reduce pain and not to cure the disease itself.
- An app to palliate parking woes.
- Somehow I believed that going to India would help palliate the guilt that’s layered me since I left the country as a teen.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of palliative
- (friend) PAL will ALLEVIATE your pain.
Palliative Care Versus Hospice
Paleontology Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) the branch of science concerned with fossil animals and plants.
Paleontology (पेलीअन्टालजी / पैलीअन्टालजी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 19th century: from palaeo- + Greek onta ‘beings’ (neuter plural of ōn, present participle of einai ‘be’) + -logy.
Paleontology in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- It is known for its abundant fossil accumulation and is a subject of awe and envy among paleontologists all over the world.
- He wanted six skinny scientists with a background in archaeology or paleontology.
- Now we see the applications of AI in a variety of fields ranging from the medicine to paleontology.
- Paleontologists from the University of Queensland have recently found dinosaur footprints engraved in rocks near the Kimberly coast.
- A paleontological team in Pakistan claims to have discovered a 1.1-million-year-old elephant tusk.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Paleontology
- paleontology = pale (dull) + eon (age) + to + logy(study)
WHAT IS PALEONTOLOGY?
Palette Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi transaltion with picture dictionay
- (noun) a thin board or slab on which an artist lays and mixes colours.
- the range of colours used by a particular artist or in a particular picture; “Pollock’s hard, bright palette”
the range or variety of tonal or instrumental colour in a musical piece; “he commands the sort of tonal palette which this music needs”
(in computer graphics) the range of colours or shapes available to the user.
Palette (पैलट / पैलेट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- रंग मिलाने की मेज, चित्रकार की रंग मिलाने की पटिया
- late 18th century: from French, diminutive of pale ‘shovel’, from Latin pala ‘spade’.
Palette in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Vijayawadites of late have opened their palettes to taste different cuisines and street food has to be credited for this welcoming change.
- The room’s muted colour palette of neutrals, in shades of grey, brown and white, is cohesive and sophisticated.
- Speaking about an ideal palette for cutout dresses, Arora picks pastel shades and some solid colours as its summer contents.
- But it’s the visual palette here that renders this film so particularly fascinating.
- The more you listen, the wider is your palette,” he says.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of palette
- palette = plate (of mix colours)
How filmmakers manipulate our emotions using color
Paean Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) a song of praise or triumph.
- (ancient Greece) a hymn of praise (especially one sung in ancient Greece to invoke or thank a deity)
Paean (पीअन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- जयगीत, जयध्वनि, जय गान, विजय का गीत, प्रशंसात्मक गीत
- late 16th century: via Latin from Greek paian ‘hymn of thanksgiving to Apollo’ (invoked by the name Paian, originally the Homeric name for the physician of the gods).
Paean in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The man’s Twitter account is basically one long paean to the life of the T20 freelancer.
- The Danish Girl is a paean to the timelessness of an emotion that does not alter when it alteration finds.
- Ranveer modestly fends off talks of comparisons with a paean of praises towards the senior star.
- If this was a film only about one particular teacher, a paean to its protagonist would have been acceptable.
- Sylvie has composed a song – both an ode to Kanhaiya and an intrepid paean to the spirit of resistance.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning Paean
Pachyderm Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture
- (noun) a very large mammal with thick skin, especially an elephant, rhinoceros, or hippopotamus.
Pachyderm (पैकिडर्म) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मोटे चमड़े का जनवार, मोटा चमड़ावाला पशु
- mid 19th century: from French pachyderme, from Greek pakhudermos, from pakhus ‘thick’ + derma ‘skin’.
Pachyderm in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The pachyderm is believed to have strayed from neighbouring Dalma forest range.
- Poachers used AK-47 assault rifles to kill the adult male rhino and after killing the pachyderm they took away its horn.
- 37-year-old Namom native Srilal was attacked by an elephant as he tried to click a selfie with the pachyderm.
- Manmotha Mahato was attacked by the pachyderm this morning when he went to the forest to collect wood, forest officials said.
- He watches in horrified fascination as a monstrous python attempts to swallow the pachyderm from the rear.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Pachyderm
Pachyderm parade pleases crowd