- (adj) easily irritated or annoyed
Peevish (पीविश) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Peevish sentences from Newspaper
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of peevish
- Thand mein agar baar baar “Pee” karne ki “Wish” hoye toh irritating ho jaata hai
Sharukh Khan in Peevish Mood
Machination [mak-uh–ney-shuh n]
- (noun) a crafty and involved plot to achieve your (usually sinister) ends
Machination (मैकनैशन / मैशनैशन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उपाय,कुचक्र,घात,छल,दांव,बंदिश,रचना,षड्यंत्र,चालबाज़ी,साज़िश,कपट योजना
Machination sentences from newspaper
- It’s time for serious introspection and analysis on the effectiveness of AFSPA as a strategy or machination for dealing with insurgency.
- It didn’t appear strong though, in the game of political machination.
- He had been a victim of the former’s machination in the past on quite a few occasions, Paswan said.
- The instinct that kicked in at the hunt was not that of a sneaky political machination of letting Bhima die at the tiger’s claws.
- PDP has emerged to be a disruptive, negative political machination against the people of J&K founded by covert agencies.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of machination
- The robots have a machination to kill all the humans and make a MACHIne NATION…… TERMINATOR MOVIE..
The Inner Machinations of my mind are an enigma
- (noun) a person who reasons with clever but false arguments.
- (noun) a paid teacher of philosophy and rhetoric in Greece in the Classical and Hellenistic periods, associated in popular thought with moral skepticism and specious reasoning.
Sophist (साफिस्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Sophist Common Usage
Sophist sentences from newspaper
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Sophist
- Sophist:SO F T and deceiving manner, Remember Soft and wise ways of swindle.
The Ancient Greek Sophists (Greek Philosophy)
Parvenu [pahr-vuh-noo, -nyoo, pahr-vuh–noo, –nyoo]
- (noun) a person who has recently or suddenly acquired wealth, importance, position, or the like, but has not yet developed the conventionally appropriate manners, dress, surroundings, etc.
- (adj) characteristic of someone who has risen economically or socially but lacks the social skills appropriate for this new position.
Parvenu (पार्वनू) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Parvenu sentences from newspaper
- I abhor distastefulness in dress as it shows a lack of understanding of body type and ends up making the parvenu look cheap and desperate.
- The man they had long dismissed as a provincial parvenu from the western state of Gujarat is now the most powerful man in the country.
- Mr. Mitra is no political parvenu.
- the political inexperience of a parvenu.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Parvenu
- think of praveen(of indian crkt team)who has just entered into team and nw earnng a lot…..so is a newly rich person
Real Slumdog Millionaire is first to win $1m on Indian gameshow – Now Parvenu
- (noun) a person who deceives others, especially in order to trick them out of their money; a charlatan.
- (noun) a person who sells quack medicines, as from a platform in public places, attracting and influencing an audience by tricks, storytelling,etc.
Mountebank meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- कपटी,धोखेबाज़,नट,नीमहकीम,नटनी,बाज़ीगर,मदारी,कपटी विक्रेता,तमाशा कर भीड़ इकट्ठी करने वाला
Mountebank sentences from Newspaper
- Narendra Modi, the mountebank, dwarfed Chouhan at the rally called essentially to boost the BJP’s prospects in the upcoming assembly elections.
- A credulous conservative audience is ready for another mountebank like Warnke to thieve away their money telling fables about demons.
- Charlatan to many is a huckster, a mountebank, an impersonator.
- What equivocating mountebank could fool the American people with such nonsense?
- Why play along with someone who one of your closest allies has effectively described as a dangerous mountebank?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Mountebank
- mountebank can be broken as mouth+bank=person whose mouth is a bank of words….who is extremely boastful and pretentious…
Identify the Mountebank in the scene below