- (verb) bring under domination or control, especially by conquest;“the invaders had soon subjugated most of the population”
- (verb) make someone or something subordinate to;“the new ruler firmly subjugated the Church to the state”
Subjugate (सब्जगेट / सब्जगैट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अधीन करना, जीतना, ग़ुलाम बनाना, दास बनाना
- late Middle English: from late Latin subjugat- ‘brought under a yoke’, from the verb subjugare, based on jugum ‘yoke’.
Subjugate in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Cricket was becoming a business, and historically, businesses that subjugate their workers more often than not end up with industrial action.
- Modi wants to subjugate the judiciary and the media: AAP on JNU row.
- His was a talent none could subjugate or restrict,” says Salim Kumar.
- But u know, the Islam tells to kill or subjugate, or convert non-muslims, it’s written in their book.
- It has fought the wars evenly, we were never able to subjugate them convincingly.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of subjugate
- subjugate = “Sub” + “jhug” gaye mere saamne..
- (verb) interpret (a person’s words or actions) wrongly; “his indifference can easily be misconstrued as arrogance”
Misconstrue (मिस्कन्स्ट्रू) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गलत समझना, अशुद्ध अर्थ करना, गलत अर्थ लगाना
- 1350-1400; Middle English; mis-, construe
Misconstrue in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- However, unfortunately, a scarily large number of people misconstrue completely unrelated behaviour and traits as sexual consent.
- Don’t misconstrue religion as communalism: Badal
- Lot of things I say are misconstrued: Shah Rukh Khan.
- Don’t misconstrue SC order: Sanjiv Bhatt to Modi.
- They must not misconstrue individual mistakes as political issues and put pressure on the courts.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of misconstrue
- miscontrue = missing the truepart
- (adj) (of a person or manner) feeling or appearing casually calm and relaxed; not displaying anxiety, interest, or enthusiasm;“she gave a nonchalant shrug”
Nonchalant (नान्शलान्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- बेपरवाह, उदासीन, निर्लज्ज
- mid 18th century: from French, literally ‘not being concerned’, from the verb nonchaloir.
Nonchalant in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Nitish stays nonchalant. Chief minister Nitish Kumar today said he had more important things on his plate than pondering over “anyone’s” words.
- Worrying percentage of students nonchalant about cyber security.
- LeSean McCoy nonchalant about civil suit.
- There is still a nonchalant attitude toward marijuana use by young persons at the high school level for sure.
- The actress said her director’s nonchalant attitude was cultural.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of nonchalant
- nonchalant = non + challenge (koi matlab hi nahi hai)
- (verb) take small bites out of; “he nibbled a biscuit”
- (informal) show cautious interest in a commercial opportunity;“there’s an American agent nibbling”
- (noun) an act or instance of nibbling.
Nibble meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late 15th century: probably of Low German or Dutch origin; compare with Low German nibbeln ‘gnaw’.
Nibble in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Fish pedicures are beauty treatments that use dozens of tiny fish to nibble away dead and hardened skin from the feet.
- Do you have a habit of nibbling on biscuits, nuts, bread and other high-calorie snacks while cooking? Here’s why you need to stop doing that.
- You can nibble on the crispy edges of a hot crepe oozing with chocolate hazelnut spread or billowy whipped cream.
- It is they, not squirrels – who at least occasionally nibble attractively on nuts.
- The key to the work will be a flock of sheep that will nibble unwanted vegetation.
- (noun) a connection or series of connections linking two or more things;“the nexus between industry and political power”
- (noun) a central or focal point;“the nexus of any government in this country is No. 10”
Nexus (नेक्सस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- बंधन, संपर्क, सम्बन्ध, ताल्लुक़, मिलीभगत, सांठ-गांठ
- mid 17th century: from Latin, ‘a binding together’, from nex- ‘bound’, from the verb nectere
Nexus in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- ‘Achhe din’ will not arrive, even in Gujarat, until the nexusbetween the ruling class and the mafia is overthrown, said Medha Patka.
- CJP warns of nexus between terrorists, political parties.
- AAP alleges nexus between Sundar Pichai led Google and Modi.
- Army Chief General Raheel Sharif on Tuesday night called for reforms to break the nexusbetween corruption and terrorism.
- There is a nexus between unscrupulous builders, encroachers and officials,” said noted environmentalist K Purushotham Reddy.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of nexus