“A Bird in the Hand is Worth Two in the Bush” Idiom meme +1 Vocab idiom to your Wordlist
A Bird In The Hand Is Worth Two In The Bush
- Having something that is certain is much better than taking a risk for more, because chances are you might lose everything
- The basic warning of this saying is that you must take care not to get too greedy in life. If you are holding a bird in the hand, you have your meal for the evening. You can take that one bird, and be well fed. If instead you let it go to pursue two birds you’ve spied in a bush, you may catch neither, and wind up hungry for the night. This proverb points out that by passing up a sure thing for a more promising possibility, you also run the risk of losing both the sure thing and the promising possibility.
Idiom or Phrase usage in a sentence from recent news
Watch – How Much Is A Bird in The Hand Worth? (Interesting Video)
Feeling Blue Vocab Meme +1 Idiom to your wordlist
‘Feeling Blue’ Idiom Origin
- This is because blue was related to rain, or storms, and in Greek mythology, the god Zeus would make rain when he was sad (crying), and a storm when he was angry.
- The phrase “feeling blue” is linked also to a custom among many old deepwater sailing ships. If the ship lost the captain or any of the officers during its voyage, she would fly blue flags and have a blue band painted along her entire hull when returning to home port.
Feeling Blue Idiom usage in a sentence
Feeling Blue video song – Jane Kya Chahe mann Bavara
illegible Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Word list
illegible [ih-lej-uh-buh l]
- (adj) not legible; impossible or hard to read or decipher because of poor handwriting,faded print, etc.
illegible (इलेजबल) meaning in Hindi
- जो पढ़ा न जा सके,अपठनीय,अस्पष्टाक्षर
illegible word usage in recent news (illegible in a sentence)
- Institute of Medicine said 7,000 people were killed every year due to medication mistakes largely caused by doctors’ illegible writing.
- Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and ineligible and will not be accepted or if accepted will be disqualified.
- Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries.
- What if they write a note that is completely illegible to the average observer?
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of illegible
- illegible = ‘leg’ +’bible’, if you try to write bible on leg, it will appear illegible -by admin
How to pronounce illegible
Illegible Google CAPTCHA Made Simpler By Audio?
Umpteen Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Wordlist
- innumerable; many,very large number
Umpteen meaning in Hindi
Umpteen word usage in recent news (Umpteen in a sentence)
- There are an umpteen number of thefts and robberies in trains and on platforms.
- Indeed, Ronaldo has broken umpteen records since moving to Real Madrid for a world record fee.
- One is regaled with umpteen stories of heroic soldiers.
- Such cases of persons making lewd remarks against women happen umpteen times daily.
- Regrettably, the rule has been desecrated umpteen times.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Umpteen
- umptee(EMPTY)+N..empty means having nothing..which is exact opposite of many.. -by preetisoni2411
How to pronounce Umpteen
Man selecting best cobra for snake show from umpteen number of snakes
Sorcery Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Wordlist
- (noun) the use of magic, especially black magic.
Sorcery (सॉर्सरी) meaning in Hindi
Sorcery word usage in recent news (Sorcery in a sentence)
- HBO has a lot of faith in its sword and sorcery epic, “Game of Thrones”.
- How this sorcery works, I have no idea, and a lifetime of watching the plays has brought me no closer to an answer.
- A man was beheaded in Najran on criminal charges of “practicing witchcraft and sorcery” and for owning “written talismans.”
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Sorcery
- sorcery:divide it into 2 parts : sor (sour)+ cery (cherry). And now we can say that the CHERRY is usally sweet bt by MAGIC it has become SOUR. -by deepakranamech
How to Pronounce Sorcery
Country afraid of UPA’s ‘Sorcery’ : Modi