Fat cat vocab idiom +1 idiom to your word list
- (idiom) a wealthy and powerful person, especially a businessman or politician.
- This expression dates back to the 1920s in the US whereby it was used to refer to people who made large contributions to political candidates.
Fat cat idiom in a sentence ( Fat cat usage in recent news)
Watch Top 5 fat cats In The World! (2014)
Lugubrious Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary word to your wordlist
Lugubrious [loo–goo-bree-uh s, –gyoo-]
- (adj) excessively mournful
Lugubrious (लुगूब्रीअस / लूग्यूब्रीअस) meaning in Hindi
Lugubrious word usage in recent news (Lugubrious in a sentence)
- That kind of lugubrious tone.
- He sings in such a lugubrious tone as to suggest simultaneously a low rumbling in the caves and a pronouncement from a deity.
- He’s too Welsh and lugubrious.
- Some are “poetic”, some lugubrious, some scathingly self-mocking.
- The old lady blows out her cheeks and assumes a lugubrious expression.
- Two schools of thought that emerged: One, that I just might be tragically right – but who needed such lugubrious news?
- The mood is lugubrious.
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of Lugubrious
- He was very mournful when he had to BURY his maimed LEG.
How to say or pronounce Lugubrious
Time to watch Shahrukh Khan’s lugubrious song from the movie ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’
Achilles heel vocab idiom +1 vocabulary word to your word list
- (noun) a weakness or vulnerable point.
Story behind Achilles’heel
The term “Achilles’ heel” means a person’s vulnerable spot or area. It is derived from the Greek myth of Achilles and his mother Thetis. According to legend, when Achilles was born, his mother, in an effort to make him immortal, took Achilles to the Styx river and dipped him. She held him by one heel. The area where her fingers held him remained dry. As the heel was not touched by the waters of the Styx, it was the one vulnerable place on Achilles. Achilles became the hero of many battles during the Trojan War. Paris, Prince of the Trojans, shot an arrow in the heel of Achilles. Because the heel was the one spot untouched by immortality, Achilles died.
Achilles’ heel word usage in recent news (Achilles’ heel in a sentence)
- Apple Watch Battery Life May Be Its Achilles Heel
- India target England’s achilles heel by switching to an all-spin attack
- Defence is Man United’s Achilles heel
- If Narendra Modi’s government has an Achilles’ Heel, it is his weak bench strength in terms of potential ministers
- The Achilles heel for privacy and consumer protection are apps connected to marketing, where the information can be gathered and used.
- Verbal skills is the Achilles heel for a majority of CAT takers.
How to pronounce Achilles
Spiderman’s Achilles heel
Heinous Vocab Meme +1 Vocab Meme to your Word list
Heinous [hey-nuh s]
- (adj) extremely wicked, deeply criminal
Heinous ( हेनस / हैनस) meaning in Hindi
- अतिदुष्ट, घृणित, घोर, जघन्य, दारुण, बुरा, कड़ुआ
Heinous word usage in recent news (Heinous in a sentence)
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of Heinous
- heinous sounds like hyena (a wild animal which are mostly found in asian & african continents) these animals are very cunning & wicked) -by rkavvy29
How to pronounce Heinous
Bollywood raged over heinous Rape in New Delhi
Fixation Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary word to your wordlist
Fixation [fik-sey-shuh n]
- (noun) an unhealthy and compulsive preoccupation with something or someone
- (noun) the activity of fastening something firmly in position
- (noun) an abnormal state in which development has stopped prematurely
- (noun) (histology) the preservation and hardening of a tissue sample to retain as nearly as possible the same relations they had in the living body
Fixation (फिक्सेशन / फिक्सैशन) meaning in Hindi
- यौगिकीकरण (m),स्थिरण (m),स्थिरीकरण (m),नियत करना,निश्चय करना,स्थिर करना, असाधारण आसक्ति (f)
Fixation word usage in recent news
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of Fixation
- Fixation= ‘Fix’ = when you get fixed to something (obsessed)
How to pronounce fixation
Look Up from your social media fixation and live