Poignant [poin-yuhnt, poi-nuhnt] (adjective)
- very moving, sad, highly emotional
- evoking a keen sense of sadness or regret
- keenly distressing to the feelings: poignant regret.
- keen or strong in mental appeal: a subject of poignant interest.
- affecting or moving the emotions: a poignant scene.
- pungent to the smell: poignant cooking odors.
Poignant Hindi meaning
- मार्मिक,हृदय विदारक
Poignant Word Usage from recent news
- Nirmal Verma’s novels are poignant in theme and complex in style
- Vin Diesel Breaks Silence On Paul Walker’s Death In Poignant Facebook Message
- R. Kelly Pays Poignant Tribute to Nelson Mandela
- New Book Unveils Poignant Tales of Hope, Audacity and Acceptance
Short Film About Smartphone Overuse Is Smart, Poignant, Depressing
Poignant Scene 🙁
Poignant Mnemonic Trick to remember word
- sounds like “pregnant”, think what the situation of a woman would be who is pregnant and watching a video of a “woman giving birth”.. obviously gr8 but painful as well – by Swapneel Patil