- (adjective) practicing great self-denial ; “ascetic practices”,”ascetic existence”
- (noun) someone who practices self denial as a spiritual discipline
Ascetic (असेटिक) meaning in Hindi
- संन्यासी (m),आत्मसंयमी,तपस्वी,यति (f)
Ascetic word usage in recent news (Ascetic in a sentence)
- According to his brother-in-law, Mr Abreu leads an almost ascetic life with books his only belongings.
- A new generation, nostalgic for nationalism, saw in Anna an avatar of nationalism and its patently ascetic style.
- Around 30 years later another Indian ascetic named Bodhidharma arrived and spent nine years meditating in a nearby cave
- Hundreds of sanyasis and sadhus, who have been leadingascetic lives for decades in this world famous temple town seeking spiritual solace.
- The texts of our tradition are not only ascetic and spiritual but also celebrate the sensual and erotic.
Mnemonic trick to remember Ascetic meaning
- sounds like acetic acid, remember acetic acid(vinegar)i.e., sour in taste, one who has made is life sour in taste, i.e., away from pleasures for religious purposes. – by nikhilparasher
How to pronounce ascetic
Watch BBC: Extreme Pilgrim – Ascetic Christianity
Apposite [ap-uh-zit, uh-poz-it] (adjective)
- suitable; well-adapted; pertinent; relevant; apt: an apposite answer.
- being of striking appropriateness and pertinence
Apposite (ऐपज़िट) meaning in Hindi
Pertinent [pur-tn-uh nt]
- pertaining or relating directly and significantly to the matter at hand; relevant: pertinent details.
Pertinent (पर्टनन्ट / पर्टिनिन्ट) meaning in Hindi
Apposite and Pertinent Word Usage in Recent News
Apposite Mnemonic trick to remember Apposite meaning
- apposite=> opposite of OPPOSITE i.e. perfectly matched; appropriate; most suitable -by kamil king
Pertinent Mnemonic trick to remember Pertinent meaning
- relate to pertaining….which means relevant to -by kishu1987
How to Pronounce Pertinent
Not so apposite gift to give to your girlfriend on Valentines day
- (verb) combine or unite to form one organization or structure
Amalgamate meaning in Hindi
- मिलाना,एक होना,मिल जाना,मिश्रित करना
Amalgamate word usage in recent news (Amalgamate in a sentence)
Mnemonic trick to remember Amalgamate meaning
- suppose you are shy girl and you have a+ male+game+mate (amalgamate)what you should do ? of course combine or unite with your mate against other groups – by Tural
How to Pronounce Amalgamate
Watch Mercury – Aluminium Amalgamation – Yeah Science!
Nocturnal [nok-tur-nl] (adjective)
- belonging to or active during the night
- of or relating to or occurring in the night
Nocturnal meaning in Hindi
Nocturnal word usage in recent news (Nocturnal in a sentence)
Mnemonic trick to remember nocturnal meaning
- nocturnal=no+c+turn+al….you cannot see all turns at night….so must be active thru out nite while driving – by email@example.com
How to pronounce nocturnal
Why do some animals stay up at night?