lambast Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) criticize (someone or something) harshly; “the manager lambasted his team”
Lambast (लैम्बेस्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century (in the sense ‘beat, thrash’): from lam1 + baste3. The current sense dates from the late 19th century.
Lambast in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Salkar, Varma lambast Manohar after he quits BCCI.
- Video mocking Lata and Sachin: Twitteratis lambast Tanmay Bhat.
- Film-makers lambast jury.
- Former cricketers lambast Pakistan after Asia Cup exit.
- Preity has even taken to Twitter to lambast publications running with the story and has put her version of events forward.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of lambast
Lagoon Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) an area of shallow water separated from the sea by low sandy dunes.
- (noun) an artificial pool for storage and treatment of polluted or excessively hot sewage, industrial waste, etc.
Lagoon (लगून) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- खाड़ी, खलीज,समुद्र-ताल, झील
- early 17th century: from Italian and Spanish laguna, from Latin lacuna
Lagoon in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Police: Body recovered from lagoon is that of missing 50-year-old man.
- Water with the higher level of nitrates will be pulled from the aquifer and stored in the lagoons to create a well-head protection buffer zone.
- Frequent rains wash fertilizers into the lagoon, feeding the blooms that this spring triggered the worst fish kill in the lagoon in modern history.
- 30, Treasure Coast counties, cities and towns along the lagoon have laws banning the use of fertilizer with nitrogen and/or phosphorous.
- Jokulsarlon Lagoon in Iceland is one of the most visually arresting spots on Earth.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of lagoon
- lagoon – monsoon aayenge toh lagoon bhar jaayenge
Lackadaisical Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) lacking enthusiasm and determination; carelessly lazy; “I was lackadaisical about my training”
Lackadaisical meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 18th century (also in the sense ‘feebly sentimental’): from lackaday or its obsolete extended form lackadaisy.
Lackadaisical in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Lethargic, lackadaisical and insensitive bureaucracy in India.
- World in reality has a lackadaisical approach to Tibet’s Panchen Lama.
- The writing is also curiously confused and lackadaisical.
- All three films seem to be lackadaisical when it comes to building the character of the hero.
- In its earlier orders, the court has observed that a lackadaisical approach on part of law-enforcing agencies.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of lackadaisical
- lackadaisical = lacking + spirit
Labyrinth Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) a complicated irregular network of passages or paths in which it is difficult to find one’s way; a maze; “you lose yourself in a labyrinth of little streets”
- (noun) an intricate and confusing arrangement; “a labyrinth of conflicting laws and regulations”
Labyrinth (लैबरिन्थ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English (referring to the maze constructed by Daedalus to house the Minotaur): from French labyrinthe or Latin labyrinthus, from Greek laburinthos.
Labyrinth in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- And within the labyrinth of tunnels and rooms in the three floors of the temple, the terrorists had made all preparations for gun battle.
- It is a book that should generate a labyrinth of conversations, most of which can be socially transformative.
- The city remains a familiar labyrinth of rigidity, tradition, exotica, filth and chaos.
- In the 1990s, he went deep into the labyrinth of governance.
- Now visualise two little girls holding a mother’s hand and helping her navigate the labyrinth of emotions. How does this feel?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of labyrinth
- labyrinth = Chemistry “LAB” is nothing but labyrinth
Quisling Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) a traitor who collaborates with an enemy force occupying their country
Quisling (क्विज़्लिंग) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- देशद्रोही, द्रोही, ग़द्दार
- Second World War: from the name of Major Vidkun Quisling (1887–1945), the Norwegian army officer and diplomat who ruled Norway on behalf of the German occupying forces (1940–45).
Quisling in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- We owe that term to Vidkun Quisling, who welcomed the Nazis into Norway in exchange for heading a puppet government.
- Is this Mr Bardow a Quisling and an appeaser?
- Mr Fletcher confirmed yesterday (Wednesday) that he was asked to apologise for using the word “quisling” about local politicians.
- They would have been ruled by Quislings.
- He is at best a Quisling, at worst a traitor to his own people and our religious values.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of quisling
- Remember.. Major Vidkun Quisling (1887–1945), the Norwegian army officer – traitor.