- (adj) outdated or obsolete through age or new developments; “superannuated computing equipment”
- (adj) (of a post or employee) belonging to a superannuation scheme; “she is not superannuated and has no paid holiday”
- (verb) retire (someone) with a pension; “his pilot’s licence was withdrawn and he was superannuated”
Superannuated (सूपरैन्यूएट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- पुराना हो जाना, सेवा निवृत्त हो जाना
- mid 17th century: back-formation from superannuated, from medieval Latin superannuatus, from Latin super- ‘over’ + annus ‘year’.
Superannuated in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper editorial)
- Life’s too short to read superannuated Marxists.
- The Indian fleet has less than 30 superannuated medium-size anti-sub helicopters, the first of which was bought in 1971.
- Joshi, who will superannuate in June, is one of the five high profile.
- When I retired, I went from SVP to superannuated in the space of an hour.
- Both the MDs have a tenure of nearly two years and will be superannuated in 2019.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of superannuated
- super + annum = super purana… saalo saal purana
- (verb) split apart; “a universe sundered ages ago in a divine war”
Sunder (सन्डर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- तोड़ना, पृथक करना, अलग करना, टुकड़े में करना
- late Old English sundrian ; related to German sondern.
Sunder in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper editorial)
- The gangsters sunder themselves from the group.
- It is very difficult to sunder iron from the mixture of iron and sulphur.
- He hated her and was forever sundered from her.
- Then, I tell you, we saw horses and men sunder their loves.
- They clasped and sundered, did the coupler’s will.
Mnemonic trick to sunder the meaning of sunder
- sunder ladki se alag (sunder) hona mushkil hai
- (adj) splendid and expensive-looking; “the banquet was a sumptuous, luxurious meal”
Sumptuous (सम्प्चूअस / सम्प्च्वस / सम्प्चूअस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- आलीशान, बहुमूल्य, महंगा, वैभवशाली, शानदार, ठाठ का
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘made or produced at great cost’): from Old French somptueux, from Latin sumptuosus, from sumptus ‘expenditure’
Sumptuous in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu Newspaper editorial)
- Angelina Jolie divorced, she buys a sumptuous house!
- Tempt your taste buds with sumptuous Easter menu at Yauatcha.
- Pair the perfect wine with a sumptuous Easter dinner.
- Special prayers, sumptuous meal mark Navroz celebration in Thane.
- Our teeth are the ones who bear the brunt of our sumptuous lifestyle.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Sumptuous
- (adj) (of food) tender, juicy, and tasty; “heaps of succulent black grapes”
- (botany) (of a plant, especially a xerophyte) having thick fleshy leaves or stems adapted to storing water; “the ever-increasing popularity of succulent plants”
Succulent (सक्यलिन्ट / सक्युलन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- early 17th century: from Latin succulentus, from succus ‘juice’.
Succulent in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper editorial)
- Cactus and succulent plant fever has swept Nagaland and gardeners are discovering the joys of growing these spiky plants over flowery ones.
- Arid land yields a bounty of succulent fruits.
- The succulent chicken was so tasty, that it went well with the spiced rice.
- Native to South Africa, jade plants are succulents that retain water in their round, green leaves.
- The acids in the marinade react with the lean muscle fibers in the meat and break them down, resulting in a more succulent piece of meat.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of succulent
- (noun) the undermining of the power and authority of an established system or institution; “the ruthless subversion of democracy”
Subversion (सब्वर्श़न) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उलटाव, क्षय, नाश, विध्वंस, विनाश, समाप्ति
- from Late Latin subversiō destruction, from Latin subvertere to subvert
Subversion in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper editorial)
- Famous eatery suffers setback, ‘Swacchta’ Or ‘Subversion‘ by Yogi?
- President cautions against acts of disloyalty and subversion.
- CAG finds systemic subversion of rules in Vyapam appointments.
- That was a diplomatic win for the country, showcasing the subversion caused by the neighboring country.
- Alliance of subversion on university campuses, says Arun Jaitley.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of subversion
- bhaut ho gya, ab mera ye wala (destruction waala) version dekho.