- (noun) the most successful point; the culmination; “he had reached the pinnacle of his career”
- (noun) a high, pointed piece of rock; “soaring pinnacles of rock”
- (verb) raise on or as if on a pinnacle
Pinnacle (पिनकल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- शिखर, चरम सीमा, कलश, पर्वतशिखा, चरम सीमा पर चढ़ना
- Middle English: from Old French, from late Latin pinnaculum, diminutive of pinna ‘wing, point’.
Pinnacle in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Assembly election results catapult BJP to the pinnacle of Indian politics.
- Madhya Pradesh State Tourism Development Corporation taken tourism development in the state to the pinnacle.
- Though there is nothing new in this, as this has been practised since long, but now it has reached to its pinnacle.
- The Les Blues will be look to make the most of home advantage and surge to pinnacle of European football for the first time since 2000.
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge was the pinnacle. But it could also be seen in Karan Johar’s Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of pinnacle
- pine ke tree pei chhad jao and try to reach Pinnacle
- (adj) (of organic matter) decaying or rotting and emitting a fetid smell; “a butcher who sold putrid meat”
- (adj) of or characteristic of rotting matter; “the putrid smells from the slaughterhouses”
- (adj) thoroughly corrupt, depraved, or evil.
Putrid (प्यूट्रिड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- सड़ा हुआ, दुर्गन्धित ,उग्र गंध का
- late Middle English: from Latin putridus, from putrere ‘to rot’, from puter, putr- ‘rotten’.
Putrid in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Putrid Yamuna’s bugs eating up Taj Mahal.
- Of putrid politics, crocodile tears, trafficking of Zimbabwean women.
- Today, the river is a putrid drain with millions of tonnes of garbage, industrial waste and debris, sewage and plastic dumped into it.
- The case began when a cable television worker reported a putrid smell coming from a garage shared by Madison at the apartment building.
- Accusing Andhra politicians of playing putrid politics, KCR said they are trying to create animosity between the people of AP and Telangana.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of putrid
- putrid = puke + rid (rotten cheez se rid)
- (noun) the state of being very poor; extreme poverty; “he couldn’t face another year of penury”
Penury meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English: from Latin penuria ‘need, scarcity’; perhaps related to paene ‘almost’.
Penury in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Despite many programmes, penury could not be removed.
- The veteran music composer who was living in penury wrote to Ms. Jayalalithaa seeking financial assistance.
- After Independence, Aich was released from jail and despite penury he continued to indulge in his passion for bodybuilding.
- Ali, who spent his childhood in utter penury and had to suffer a lot, being a non-white, became the biggest name in all of sports.
- The penury is often due to his drinking away the cash his brother sends.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of penury
- penury = jab ‘pen’ khareedne ke liye ‘ruppee’ khatam ho jaaye, samjh lena penury aa gayi hai
- (verb) (of a natural force) sweep over (something) so as to surround or cover it completely; “the cafe was engulfed in flames”
- (verb) powerfully affect (someone); overwhelm; “a feeling of anguish so great that it threatened to engulf him”
Engulf (इन्गल्फ / एन्गल्फ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- निगलना, निमग्न, निगल जाना, निगल लेना,परिग्रहण करना
- mid 16th century (formerly also as ingulf ): from en-1, in-2 ‘in, on’ + gulf
Engulf in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Shootings and stabbings engulf Toronto over the weekend.
- Forest fires engulf 20% more areas in Russia.
- Forest Fires Engulf Large Area Near Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine.
- Thick Smog Continue To Engulf Kalyan.
- All teams and fans are gearing up for the Kabaddi fever which will engulf the entire nation.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of engulf
- (noun) the feeling of being bored by something tedious
Ennui (आन्वी / एनूई) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- आलस, ऊब, थकान, कुछ की वजह से ऊब की भावना
- mid 18th century: French, from Latin in odio(n- ), from mihi in odio est ‘it is hateful to me’.
Ennui in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- I’m curious (and wonder if you agree) if a certain degree of superhero ennui may have settled in for Apocalypse.
- Back in 2014, White said he wasn’t sick of the ubiquitous song yet, and if ennui has set it since then, this should make him love it all over again.
- Some of Mrs. Clinton’s stalwarts in the Media are becoming anxious over their own ennui. “Why don’t I feel more excited?”
- His plan was to become a novelist, but, with creativity and inspiration giving way to boredom and ennui.
- There’s a feeling of low-level ennui here; a feeling that blurs sensation, save for the bright spots and moments that break through the bubble.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of ennui
- ennui = ‘ae’ + ‘nahi’ ho paayega bhaiya because i am bored