Sacrilege Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(noun) violation or misuse of what is regarded as sacred
Sacrilege (सैक्रलज / सैक्रलिज) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
अपवित्रीकरण, पवित्र वस्तुओं का अनादर, पवित्र वस्तुओं की चोरी, पुण्य वस्तु दूषण
- Middle English: via Old French from Latin sacrilegium, from sacrilegus ‘stealer of sacred things’, from sacer, sacr- ‘sacred’ + legere ‘take possession of’.
Sacrilege in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Punjab Cabinet approves life term for acts of sacrilege.
- Incidents of sacrilege of Sikh scriptures were reported from Amritsar and Ferozepur districts on Tuesday.
- Kejriwal visits turmoil-hit Punjab, condemns sacrilege acts.
- Man held for sacrilege attempt in Ludhiana.
- Addressing a gathering, he said: “The sacrilege of Guru Granth Sahib has caused immense pain not only to Sikhs, but also to the humanity.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of sacrilege
- Sacrilege = Sacred + leg, touching leg to sacred objects = Sacrilege
Two held in the sacrilege of Sri Guru Granth Sahib at Ludhiana
Appellation Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
Appellation (ऐपलेशन / ऐपलैशन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
नाम, पदवी, संज्ञा, उपपद, उपाधि
- late Middle English: via Old French from Latin appellatio(n- ), from the verb appellare
Appellation in a sentence (word usage in sentence)
- The Islamic word Allah is therefore not an innovation but the ancient Sanskrit appellation retained and continued to be used by Islam.
- Long after the actor went back to Hyderabad, media circles struggled to get the correct appellation for the actor’s sartorial choice.
- Meanwhile, Sushil Kumar Modi started calling himself SuMo, aping Narendra Modi’s appellation NaMo.
- Hajj Amin (hajj is the appellation of a Muslim who has made the obligatory pilgrimage to Mecca) was a trouble-maker right from the beginning.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of appellation
- appellation = apple + nation => mere nation ka naam apple hai 🙂
raj naam (appellation) to suna hoga_rab ne bana di jodi
Disband Vocab Meme – English to Hindi Translation with picture dictionary
(verb) (with reference to an organized group) break up or cause to break up;“the unit was scheduled to disband”
Disband (डिस्बैन्ड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
छिन्न-भिन्न करना, सेना तोड़ना, तोड़ना, उखड़ना, बिखरना, तितर बितर करना
- late 16th century: from obsolete French desbander
Disband in a sentence (word usage in Newspaper)
- Earlier this year, the AAP central committee had decided to disband all state committees.
- Paween said he would disband his unit, raising concerns about protection for police officers.
- He’s even suggested that he’ll disband the collaborative completely if all parties don’t play by the rules.
- The reccomendation should have gone a little further and disband the West Indies cricket team!
- As a result the DHRP party may have to disband according to electoral laws.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of disband
- disband = dis + band ; School band was disbanded (तितर बितर करना)
Reprimand Vocab Meme – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(noun) a severe reproof or rebuke, especially a formal one by a person in authority; “the golfer received a reprimand for a breach of rules”
(verb) rebuke formally “officials were reprimanded for poor work”
Reprimand (रेप्रमैन्ड / रेप्रीमान्ड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
फटकार, निंदा करना, डांटना, डाँट, घुड़की
- mid 17th century: from French réprimande, via Spanish from Latin reprimenda, ‘things to be held in check’, neuter plural gerundive of reprimere.
Reprimand in a sentence (word usage in Newspaper)
- BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj and party MLA Sangeet Som on Monday rejected media reports that they were reprimanded by party chief Amit Shah.
- Wankhede curator asks BCCI to reprimand Ravi Shastri.
- This comes amid reports that Shah on Sunday summoned and reprimanded several top party leaders for making controversial comments.
- All Level 1 breaches carry a minimum penalty of an official reprimand and a maximum penalty of 50 per cent of a player’s match fee.
- Ensure to reprimand/report anyone teasing stray animals. (No tying crackers to tails or hurling a live fire on an innocent animal.)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of reprimand
- Reprimand = Remand ; jab police kissi ko remand per leti hai toh they scold severely (rebuke formally)
Software Engineer reprimanded – Sunny Deol Funny
Edifice Vocab Meme – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(noun) a large, imposing building.
(noun) a complex system of beliefs; “the concepts on which the edifice of capitalism was built”
Edifice (एडफस / एडफिस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
भवन, प्रासाद, महल, गृह, हवेली
- late Middle English: via Old French from Latin aedificium, from aedis ‘dwelling’ + facere ‘make’.
Edifice in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- No edifice, this primary school shifted to parking lot.
- Begada ensured that an edifice of such brilliance would not be replicated and hence put to death, the masons involved in its building.
- The foundations on which the caste edifice stood in Bihar are crumbling.
- We have recreated the 16th century edifice built by Maharaja Man Singh of Amber Fort.
- As the stomach churning drive began, the Himalayan mountain range soon presented its sheer imposing complex edifice.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of edifice
- Edifice = Head + office (big size building)
India Gate- An Edifice of Courage, Valour and Grandeur