- (verb) bring under domination or control, especially by conquest; “the invaders had soon subjugated most of the population”
- (verb) make someone or something subordinate to; “the new ruler firmly subjugated the Church to the state”
Subjugate meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Meaning)
- जीतना, कुचल देना, पराजित करना, वशीभूत करना, वश में करना, अधीन करना, दास बनाना, वश करना
- late Middle English: from late Latin subjugat- ‘brought under a yoke’, from the verb subjugare, based on jugum ‘yoke’.
Subjugate in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Saudis use bullying as a tactic to subjugate others.
- Most of the effort of humanity to date has been for one army to conquer and subjugate another.
- I’ve also witnessed the brutal way we use words to subjugate and spiritually crush black women.
- You can not subjugate us, you can not control our lives, you can never win.
- Senior Trump Adviser Thinks Muslims ‘By And Large’ Want To ‘Subjugate‘ Non-Muslims.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of subjugate
- sub log jhuk jao mere gate ke aage
- (adj) tending or able to change frequently or easily; “it is difficult to comprehend the whole of this protean subject”
- (adj) able to do many different things; versatile; “Ashwin is a remarkably protean bowler”
Protean (प्रोटीअन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- बहुरूपिया, बहुमुखी,परिवर्तनशील
- late 16th century: from Proteus + -an.
Protean in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Markets tend to exhibit their most protean behaviour prior to a landmark event; the budget being no exception.
- Responding to a mammoth first innings score by South Africa, Sehwag plundered the Protean bowling on a placid Chennai pitch.
- Shiamak Unwalla lists eight interesting things about the Protean.
- Suchindranath Aiyer Protean, polyglot, polymath, healer, global human, Brahmin.
- The top order used the right mix of caution and aggression and milked the Protean attack throughout their innings to post a big total.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of protean
- protein khao aur protean body banao
- (noun) a fictitious name, especially one used by an author; “Hanbury wrote a novel under the pseudonym of James Aston”
Pseudonym meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Meaning)
- mid 19th century: from French pseudonyme, from Greek pseudōnymos, from pseudēs ‘false’ + onoma ‘name’.
Pseudonym in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- I had written a Faking News Post under a pseudonym against the rampant sexism at an age-old hostel tradition.
- Her lawsuit, filed under the pseudonym Jane Roe, resulted in the court’s 1973 decision that established a woman’s right to an abortion.
- But that is not why some women authors wrote under male pseudonyms.
- 3 Lewis Carroll was the pseudonym adopted by Charles Lutwidge Dodgson.
- US President Barack Obama reportedly used a pseudonym in some of the e-mails he exchanged with Hillary Clinton.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of pseudonym
- (noun) skill or expertise in a particular activity or field; “his prowess as a fisherman”
- (noun) bravery in battle; “the knights were famed for their prowess in battle”
Prowess (प्राउअस / प्राउइस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Meaning)
- कौशल, दिलेरी, वीरता, शूरता, साहस, भुजबल, विचरना
- Middle English (in sense 2): from Old French proesce, from prou ‘valiant’. Sense 1 dates from the early 20th century.
Prowess in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- India’s skilled manpower and Finland’s high-end tech prowess should be leveraged under the ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- Zac Posen Shows Off His Film Prowess at Metrograph.
- India “proves Ballistic Missile Defence prowess”
- Obamacare tests Trump’s deal-making prowess.
- Why Israel’s Sudden Baseball Prowess Actually Means Something.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of prowess
- prowess meain chuppa hai POWER
- (adj) having or revealing a tendency to be easily shocked by matters relating to sex or nudity; excessively concerned with sexual propriety; “his grandmother was a rather prudish woman”
Prudish (प्रूडिश) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- कपटलज्जालु, पाखंडी, पाखण्डी
Prudish in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Fair, and I am not being prudish. After all, kiss is an expression of love.
- No sex, please: Sandeep Kumar pays the price of prudish politics.
- Of sex and other mundane things: Are Indians still prudish?
- Then there was my mother, brought up by prudish German nuns.
- At the risk of sounding prudish, let me also state another problem I had with the film’s depiction of nudity, sex and the so-called erotica.