- (verb) trim (something) by cutting away its outer edges. “Carlo pared his thumbnails with his knife”
- (verb) cut off (the outer skin) of something. “pare off the rind using a peeler”
- (verb) educe (something) in size, extent, or quantity in a number of small successive stages. “union leaders publicly pared down their demands”
Pare meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- कतरना, काटना, घटाना, छांटना, छीलना, तराशना, छाँटना, कम करना, छोटा करना, संक्षिप्त करना, थोड़ा थोड़ा कम करना, साफ़ करना, क़ैंची करना
- Middle English: from Old French parer ‘adorn, prepare’, also ‘peel, trim’, from Latin parare ‘prepare’.
Pare in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Jet Airways shares pare gains after rising 1%
- Punjab National Bank to pare stake in PPNB Housing Finance
- Alok Sama to step down from SoftBank; KKR, GIC to pare stake in HDFC
- Nitesh Estates pares ₹450 crore debt via asset sale
- GST cut: Government expects realtors to pare prices
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Pare
- You PARE your food when you eat SPARINGLY.
- i wont spare u wait iam cmg to pare ur skin.idiot
- (noun) a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing. “the stereotype of the woman as the carer”
- (noun) a person or thing that conforms to a widely held but oversimplified image of the class or type to which they belong. “don’t treat anyone as a stereotype”
- (noun) a relief printing plate cast in a mould made from composed type or an original plate.
- (verb) view or represent as a stereotype. “the city is too easily stereotyped as an industrial wasteland”
Stereotype meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- सांद्र-मुद्र, घिसा-पिटा, ढले हुए टाइप की तख़्ती, छपाई का प्लेट, स्थिर नमूना, रूढ़िवादी, टकसाली, स्टिरियोटाइप, मुद्रण-फलक बनाना, मुद्रण-फलक से छापना, मुद्रण-फलक
- late 18th century: from French stéréotype (adjective).
Stereotype in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Stereotypes are dangerous: Sonam Kapoor
- Racism and stereotypes in colonial India’s ‘Instagram’
- Section 377 moored in gender stereotypes that reinforce sexism …
- APAC Work of the Week: BookMyShow aims to break the stereotype …
- How the urban working woman in India is smashing stereotypes
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Stereotype
- Stereos are usually large so it remains fixed in its place.
- stereos are old..unchanging..though they are good, becuase of their fixed quality, they’re PRE-JUDICED to be inferior…
- (adje) lacking in vitality, force, or conviction, uninspired or uninspiring.
“no excuses were made for the team’s lacklustre performance”
- (adje) (of the hair or the eyes) not shining; dull.
“the conditioner will revitalize lacklustre hair”
Lacklustre meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- धुंधला, निष्प्रभ, निस्तेज, फीका, भावशून्य, प्रकाश हीन, बिना चमक का
Lacklustre in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Gold Rate Today: Gold trades lacklustre on muted spot demand
- Banks likely to brighten up earnings in an otherwise lacklustre Q4 …
- Match Recap: In-Form Hyderabad Beat Lacklustre Delhi by 5 Wickets
- Lacklustre poll campaigning in Yavatmal-Washim
- Mobile phone market set for lacklustre year
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Lacklustre
- (verb) clear the bed of (a harbour, river, or other area of water) by scooping out mud, weeds, and rubbish with a dredge. “the lower stretch of the river had been dredged”
- (verb) bring up or clear (something) from a river, harbour, or other area of water with a dredge. “mud was dredged out of the harbour”
- (verb) bring something unwelcome and forgotten or obscure to people’s attention. “I don’t understand why you had to dredge up this story”
- (noun) an apparatus for bringing up objects or mud from a river or seabed by scooping or dragging.
Dredge meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- सीपियों का जाल, तलकर्षण करना, बुरकना, जाल से पकड़ना, तलकर्षण करना, छिड़क देना, छिड़कना, डालना, झाम
- late 15th century (as a noun; originally in dredge-boat ): perhaps related to Middle Dutch dregghe‘grappling hook’.
- late 16th century: from obsolete dredge ‘sweetmeat, mixture of spices’, from Old French dragie, perhaps via Latin from Greek tragēmata ‘spices’. Compare with dragée.
Dredge in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Global Dredging Market Latest Trend Gaining Momentum in Industry …
- Four Port Trusts Buy Dredging Corporation of India
- Cabinet Clears Strategic Sale Of Government Equity In Dredging …
- Plan to dredge out Ganga bed silt deposits
- Pre-dredging survey at Chapora river mouth to deepen navigational …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Dredge
- Dredge: dragging dead from the ground!
- (verb) wet thoroughly, soak. “I fell in the stream and was drenched”
- (verb) forcibly administer a drug in liquid form orally to (an animal). “three-times-a-year drenching for calves”
- (noun) a dose of medicine administered to an animal. “a worming drench”
Drench meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- भीगना, गीला करना, सराबोर कर देना, दवा पिलाना, सराबोर करना, भिगाना, डुबाना, भिगोना, बौछाड़, मूसलधार बारिश
- Old English drencan ‘force to drink’, drenc ‘a drink or draught’, of Germanic origin; related to German tränken (verb), Trank (noun), also to drink..
Drench in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Snowfall on high reaches of HP, fresh rain shower drench in many …
- From Hampi to Puri: Drench in the spirit of Holi at these destinations …
- Stolen AK-47s drench Bihar in blood
- Tropical downpours to renew flood threat in southern India, Sri Lanka …
- Night long rains drench Bengaluru; Apartments near Hulimavu lake …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Drench
- souse water on his hot face