Pachyderm Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture
- (noun) a very large mammal with thick skin, especially an elephant, rhinoceros, or hippopotamus.
Pachyderm (पैकिडर्म) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मोटे चमड़े का जनवार, मोटा चमड़ावाला पशु
- mid 19th century: from French pachyderme, from Greek pakhudermos, from pakhus ‘thick’ + derma ‘skin’.
Pachyderm in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The pachyderm is believed to have strayed from neighbouring Dalma forest range.
- Poachers used AK-47 assault rifles to kill the adult male rhino and after killing the pachyderm they took away its horn.
- 37-year-old Namom native Srilal was attacked by an elephant as he tried to click a selfie with the pachyderm.
- Manmotha Mahato was attacked by the pachyderm this morning when he went to the forest to collect wood, forest officials said.
- He watches in horrified fascination as a monstrous python attempts to swallow the pachyderm from the rear.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Pachyderm
Pachyderm parade pleases crowd
Backlog Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) an accumulation of uncompleted work or matters needing to be dealt with.
Backlog (बैक्लॉग) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- पिछला शेष कार्य, पिछले आर्डरों का ढेर
Backlog in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Supreme Court to hold Saturday hearings to reduce backlog.
- Pb CM gives nod to fill backlog of posts for visually-impaired.
- The Chancellor also authenticated distribution of more than 60,000 certificates which were in backlog since 2012.
- A source in MSEDCL said that Rs 1,039 crore have been sanctioned for removing backlog of agricultural pump connections.
- “By June end, 40,000 remaining power connections will be given to clear the backlog,” declared the Minister.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of backlog
Affinity Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture Dictionary
- (noun) a natural liking for and understanding of someone or something; “she had a special affinity with horses”
- (noun) a similarity of characteristics suggesting a relationship, especially a resemblance in structure between animals, plants, or languages; “a semantic affinity between two words”
- (anthropology) kinship by marriage or adoption; not a blood relationship.
- (biochemistry) the degree to which a substance tends to combine with another; “the bacterial proteins bind to these molecules with high affinity”
Affinity (अफिनटी / अफिनिटी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- आकर्षण, नाता, बन्धुत्व, मिलनसारिता, रिश्तेदारी, विवाह-सम्बन्ध, संबंध, समानता
- Middle English (in the sense ‘relationship by marriage’): via Old French from Latin affinitas, from affinis ‘related’ (literally ‘bordering on’), from ad- ‘to’ + finis ‘border’.
Affinity in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- However, insiders say Jaipur could well be the frontrunner, particularly as Mumbai Indians have an affinity towards this city.
- Living here in London, I grew up with a strong affinity to Bombay.
- Having grown up shuttling between Mumbai and Pune, 33-year-old Assad Dadan always had an affinity for food.
- After that he lost his job and his affinity towards alcohol grew worse.
- I have felt a strong affinity for my nation since my childhood, for my land, for this soil.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of affinity
- affinity = a feel near city (e.g affinity to Bombay)
Agape Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) (of a person’s mouth) wide open in surprise or wonder.
- (noun) (Christian theology) the love of God or Christ for mankind.
- (noun) selfless love of one person for another without sexual implications.
- (noun) a religious meal shared as a sign of love and fellowship.
Agape (अगैप / आगापे) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- आश्चर्य की दशा में, मुँह बाये हुए, भौंचक्का
- mid 17th century: from a-2 ‘on’ + gape.
Agape in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The bride and groom were agape at seeing the VIP.
- That Tata Steel went on to pay $12 billion, 50% more than its initial bid, left several market mouths agape.
- You’d possibly think that it’s impossible to experience an agape love—a love that’s absolute and unconditional, the highest forms of love.
- Teenage monk leaves spectators agape with memory show.
- Rameshwar’s mouth was agape, like the opening of a weaver bird’s nest.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of agape
- agape = a + gap (in your mouth)
This video will leave your mouth agape
Affirm Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) state emphatically or publicly; “he affirmed that they would lend military assistance”
- (verb) declare one’s support for; uphold; defend; “the charter affirmed the right of national minorities to use their own language”
- (law) accept or confirm the validity of (a judgement or agreement); ratify;”the Court of Appeal affirmed a decision of the High Court”
- (law) make a formal declaration rather than taking an oath; “he refused to take the oath but chose simply to affirm on being admitted to the Privy Council”
- (verb) offer (someone) emotional support or encouragement; “there are five common ways parents fail to affirm their children”
Affirm (अफर्म) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मान लेना, स्वीकार करना, पुष्टि करना, प्रतिज्ञान करना, अनुमोदन करना, दावे से कहना
- Middle English (in the sense ‘make firm’): via Old French from Latin affirmare, from ad- ‘to’ + firmus ‘strong’.
Affirm in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- In fact, every industry statesman will affirm that leadership centred around values is inevitable for the building of a legacy.
- As a litterateur, I affirm that the current so-called “intolerance” by regional and nation media is of no help.
- YSR Congress MLAs affirm faith in Jagan’s leadership.
- The violent battle on 22 March in Hyderabad University seems part of an ongoing coordinated action to affirm dominance and power.
- Ask firmly, negotiate smartly, affirm gently, and settle happily!
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of affirm
- Affirm = A + ‘firm’ statement
You Must Affirm What You Want! (Law Of Attraction)